Monitoring Temperature

Old September 7th 03, 05:36 PM
TheDysk

Default Monitoring Temperature

Can anybody advise me on the correct temperature monitor settings to use in
MBM5 for CPU and case temps.

I have the choice of
WinBond 1
WinBond 1 2N3904
WinBond 1 Diode
WinBond 2
WinBond 2 2N3904
WinBond 2 Diode

My motherboard is an Epox 8K3A with an Athon 1800+ processor in a
Thermaltake Xaser III 1000D case.
The LCD panel on the case shows a temp from the sensor of approc 32DegC.
(sensor attached to the underside of the CPU as per instructions).

The reading from the optiosnare as follows:
WinBond 1 = 32DegC
WinBond 1 2N3904 = not selectable
WinBond 1 Diode = 0DegC
WinBond 2 = 90DegC
WinBond 2 2N3904 = 24DegC
WinBond 2 Diode = 46DegC

I'm guessing that Winbond1 is the cpu temp as it matches with the
Thermaltake sensor reading. I'm also guessing that the Winbond2 2N3904 may
be the case temp (But I'm looking for confirmation). Can anyone tell me what
the others reading are likely to represent?

Any information would be gratfully received.

Cheers

Old September 7th 03, 05:39 PM
TheDysk

Sorry forgot to mention that I'm using a coolermaster HAC-V81 cpu cooler
running at approc 2500rpm and the room temp is approx. 22DegC.

Cheers

news

Old September 7th 03, 05:51 PM
JAD

heh no more web support....usually I just play with them until it comes up with the reasonable numbers....if it were me...WinBond 1
2N3904 / WinBond 2 2N3904
At least that would be my first choice. I looked at the Manual for your board, most have a funny way of leaving that info out.

Old September 13th 03, 01:00 AM
Dave Hull

"TheDysk" wrote in message
news
[...]

The temp reading from the diode is the most accurate. If there is an
external temperature sensor, it is very inaccurate, but can be used to check
relative differences. I'm not sure if the external sensor readings would
scale linearly with the diode reading, though.

The last reading, WinBond 2 Diode = 46DegC is the correct one.

Dave