Impossible to remove nvidia icon in the tray!

Old July 27th 06, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bartman

Default Impossible to remove nvidia icon in the tray!

After the problem with SLI notification .. now i can't remove nvidia from my
tray!

"enable taskbar icon" under the settings is always ENABLE ... every boot!
:-(

any suggest ?

Old July 27th 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John

"Bartman" wrote in message
After the problem with SLI notification .. now i can't remove nvidia from
my tray!

"enable taskbar icon" under the settings is always ENABLE ... every boot!
:-(

any suggest ?

START / RUN / MSCONFIG
Look in STARTUP tab at top
Down the list it should be in there somewhere...

cheers

Old July 27th 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bartman

"First of One" ha scritto nel messaggio

I think you gotta uncheck the box using the classic control panel...

i can unchecked the box, but at next boot the box is automatically checked
and the nvidia icon is newly in my tray.

Old July 28th 06, 08:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Alexander Freudenberg

"Bartman" schrieb
i can unchecked the box, but at next boot the box is automatically
checked and the nvidia icon is newly in my tray.

It's a "feature" of the latest official driver. Try the 91.33 beta
driver. Someone said, you can remove the icon there.

AF.

Old July 28th 06, 09:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bartman

"Alexander Freudenberg" ha scritto nel messaggio:

It's a "feature" of the latest official driver. Try the 91.33 beta driver. Someone said, you can remove the icon there.

very *cool* feature! :-)

Old July 30th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Does that service handle the 2D/3D clock speed switchover?

"BuddyWh" root@localhost. wrote in message
Right click 'My Computer', click on 'Manage Computer', then 'Services
and Application/Services'.

Find 'Nvidia Driver Service' in the list of Services and STOP the
service, then DISABLE it, so it doesn't start on a reboot. Don't know
why it's there but it's unecessary and just consumes resources.