Need MSI Driver Disk for FM2-A85XA-G43

Old April 9th 16, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Default Need MSI Driver Disk for FM2-A85XA-G43

wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 08:03:39 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 05:21:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 18:07:58 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 08:57:51 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
Oh me -

I re-installed my W7 Home Premium (X64) on a larger new hard drive in
my FM2-A85XA-G43 PC, and I can't find the danged so-called 'driver
disk' that came with the MOBO. Without it I have no internet
connection, as is shown in the machine's Device Manager.

I went after the drivers on that disk on another PC via
http://www.drivertuner.com/installer...e&cate=Desktop

but the internet driver there won't install.

This post is from another working W7 drive on the same machine, so I
know the driver should work.

Anyone suggest something?

Thanks

Peter

I got an RTL8111E here...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/...&GetDown=false

Paul
Thanks Paul.

That gave me the internet fine. Now see that I have no audio for some
reason.

Peter
Audio is Realtek ALC892 HDAudio.

That would be in the HDAudio section. Under Software.
There is a 32 bit and a 64 bit file (103MB, 128MB).

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/...vel= 4&Conn=3

When they say "driver only", I would at least expect the
RealTek control panel to come along for the ride. I have
one like that on my test machine. I mainly like it,
because it makes the install seem "more conventional", than
using just the Microsoft-provided controls :-)

As for the sound chip itself, the hardware may promise
to "sample at X", where X is some high rate of speed,
giving the impression you've got some wonderful hardware.
However, if you characterize it, you'll find the "passband"
does not follow Nyquist. So if you were expecting to record
the squeals of flying bats with a piezo microphone, it might
not get recorded :-)

Paul
Thanks Paul

I'll try those downloads.

Peter

Well - not too good:

I downloaded/installed HD_6.0.1.7730 (W7 Home Premium)
which produced no sound with earphones connected to line out on rear.

Device Manager shows under 'Sound, video and game controllers':
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
both said to be 'working properly'.

Under 'Sounds' - 'Playback', I see Realtek Digital Output as default
device, which I would say is true.

Under 'Sounds' - 'Recording', I only see Microphone and Line In as
not plugged in, which they are not.

??
Peter

If you are using regular earphones and a 1/8" plug,
that would be "RealTek Analog".

RealTek Analog - all those 1/8" analog jacks

S'PDIF Coax - 6Mbit/sec serial digital signal, 75ohm impedance
- RCA Cinch connector
- "RealTek Digital"
TOSLINK optical - 6Mbit/sec serial digital signal, red LED light, plastic cable
- output jack may have a square rubber cover over it
- "RealTek Digital"

Audio over HDMI - Digital, up to 8 channel PCM
- Sound Codec is inside the video card (on modern cards)
- c.f. "AMD High Definition Audio Device"

So you want the Analog output for regular 32 ohm earphones.

Paul

Hmmm.
I may be mis-interpreting what you are sayng here, but where is the
'analog' output on this MOBO?
TX again
Peter

I named all possible audio types. Your motherboard does
actually have most of them. You don't have S'PDIF coax
and only old AV receivers have that.

I labeled a picture and uploaded it.

http://s29.postimg.org/ohk58hq9j/audio.gif

Paul
Old April 9th 16, 03:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Thank U
Thanks for the pic - you did a lot of work.
My headphones are connected to Line Out. I normally always connect
earphones there.
I have not used the optical or HDMI ports on this PC.
I have two pre-wired front audio ports (as well as 3 USBs) on this
case, and I have connected the audio to the front panel header on the
mobo (the one you circled).
Should work in my opinion. But it don't.

Peter
Old April 9th 16, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

wrote:
[...]

Did you verify in the RealTek control panel,
that all is well ?

That's one reason for installing the full RealTek
package, instead of a (Windows provided) driver.
As you have a RealTek control panel, can verify
the mode it is in, check mixer levels, and so on.
There might even be a "Test" button in there.

Paul
Old April 9th 16, 07:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Then maybe I didn't install the 'full' package because I cannot find
any so-called Realtek Control Panel on my system.

I'll do some more vestigating.

Peter
Old April 9th 16, 08:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

wrote:
[...]

If I look through the files on my other
machine, "RtkNGUI64.exe" rings a bell. That
might be the control panel.

devcon64 driverfiles HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_104384FB& REV_1003\4&382096A2&0&0001
Name: Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver installed from C:\Windows\INF\oem23.inf [IntcAzAudModel].
115 file(s) used by driver:
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtvienna.dat
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTAIODAT.DAT
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\RTLCPAPI.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\FMAPO32.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\RTCOMDLL.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\RtkCfg.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\RtDataProc.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\MaxxSpeechAPO.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtlUpd64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSAudioService64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ToastDll64.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\CreateRtkToastLnk.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkAudioService64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\vncutil64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\FMAPP.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe ----
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DarkSkinImages64.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\BlackSkinImages64.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\WhiteJadeSkinImages64.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\BlackBlueSkinImages64.dll
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSU2PAuSrv64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\MaxxAudioControl64.exe
C:\Windows\system32\RTSnMg64.cpl
C:\Windows\system32\RtkAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtPgEx64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SRSTSX64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SRSWOW64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SRSTSH64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SRSHP64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtkApi64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioAPOShell64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\FMAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioAPO20.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioEQ64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\WavesGUILib64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioAPO30.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioAPO4064.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioAPO5064.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxVoiceAPO2064.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxVolumeSDAPO.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioRealtek64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioRealtek264.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RP3DAA64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RP3DHT64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SFAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SFCOM64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SFNHK64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tosade.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tadefxapo.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tadefxapo264.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tepeqapo64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\CONEQMSAPOGUILibrary.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tosasfapo64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\toseaeapo64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\tossaeapo64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\sl3apo64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\slcnt64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\slprp64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\sltech64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MISS_APO.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTKSMlfx.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTKSMSettingsIPC.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioVnA64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxAudioVnN64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\MaxxSpeechAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\audioLibVc.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DDPA64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DDPD64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DDPO64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DDPP64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTCOM64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtlCPAPI64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtkCfg64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtDataProc64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\AERTAC64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\AERTAR64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTEEL64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTEEG64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTEED64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RTEEP64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSGFXAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSGFXAPONS64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSLFXAPO64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSNeoPCDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSVoiceClarityDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSS2SpeakerDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSS2HeadphoneDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSBassEnhancementDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSBoostDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSLimiterDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSGainCompensatorDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSSymmetryDLL64.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SFCOM.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SFSS_APO.dll
C:\Windows\system32\R4EEL64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\R4EEG64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\R4EED64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\R4EEP64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\R4EEA64A.dll
C:\Windows\system32\KAAPORT64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSU2PGFX64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSU2PLFX64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DTSU2PREC64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\AcpiServiceVnA64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\drmk.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\portcls.sys
C:\Windows\system32\WMALFXGFXDSP.dll
C:\Windows\system32\SysFxUI.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RtkCoLDR64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RCoInstII64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\RCoRes64.dat
1 matching device(s) found.

OK, try double-clicking this one. As shown here.

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe

Picture of my Win7 setup (RealTek/ATI)

http://s23.postimg.org/o5pbfz5m3/realtek.jpg

HTH,
Paul
Old April 10th 16, 10:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Yes-it produces something called 'Realtek HD Audio Manager'. I'll
have to look at that.

Thanks

Peter

Old April 10th 16, 10:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

I did.

The panel should show any connection made to front or back ports by my
earphones, I think. It does not. None whatsoever. Makes me suspect
the mobo and/or connections to the box.

Still no sound. I see no 'test mode'.

Thanks

Peter

Old April 10th 16, 11:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

wrote:

Yes-it produces something called 'Realtek HD Audio Manager'. I'll
have to look at that.

Thanks

Peter

I did.

The panel should show any connection made to front or back ports by my
earphones, I think. It does not. None whatsoever. Makes me suspect
the mobo and/or connections to the box.

Still no sound. I see no 'test mode'.

Thanks

Peter

For front panel ports, that is a function of the computer
case front panel jacks.

If the front panel audio wiring has only five wires, then RealTek
cannot detect plugged in headphones. You have to tell
it that headphones are in the front. If the computer case
has nine wires (four wires being for jack sense or whatever),
then RealTek can tell you've plugged into the front.

When a computer case is manufactured, even today, nothing
says it has to have the proper HDAudio wiring. It can have
the old AC'97 wiring, if they want.

For initial test purposes, you should plug into the back
green outlet. As it is Line Out. With any luck, the MSI
motherboard has the side-contact in each jack in the
2x3 stack, and can sense when a plug is inserted. It
cannot tell what is on the end of the plug of course,
because Realtek doesn't have impedance sensing. Only
a limited number of manufacturers have actual
impedance sensing (it's not a "required" part of
HDAudio - and I suspect impedance-sense is patented).

If your computer case has a 2x5 audio cable with "HDAudio"
printed on it, plus the required 9 wires, then RealTek should
be able to detect something plugged into the front headphone
port.

*******

When you see a view in the RealTek manager with the picture
of the speakers, try clicking on a speaker, and see if it
tests the speaker for you. Plug your headphones into the
green jack on the back of the computer, then test.

In the picture I posted, the right-ward facing "triangle button"
will test all the speakers in the set. In the Realtek
control panel.

Old April 10th 16, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 06:17:24 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It appears that there are nine wires.

When a computer case is manufactured, even today, nothing
says it has to have the proper HDAudio wiring. It can have
the old AC'97 wiring, if they want.

For initial test purposes, you should plug into the back
green outlet. As it is Line Out.

That's what I always use.

With any luck, the MSI
motherboard has the side-contact in each jack in the
2x3 stack, and can sense when a plug is inserted. It
cannot tell what is on the end of the plug of course,
because Realtek doesn't have impedance sensing. Only
a limited number of manufacturers have actual
impedance sensing (it's not a "required" part of
HDAudio - and I suspect impedance-sense is patented).

If your computer case has a 2x5 audio cable with "HDAudio"
printed on it, plus the required 9 wires, then RealTek should
be able to detect something plugged into the front headphone
port.

*******

As I said, the display does not show my earphone connectings.

When you see a view in the RealTek manager with the picture
of the speakers, try clicking on a speaker, and see if it
tests the speaker for you. Plug your headphones into the
green jack on the back of the computer, then test.

Nada

In the picture I posted, the right-ward facing "triangle button"
will test all the speakers in the set. In the Realtek
control panel.

http://s23.postimg.org/o5pbfz5m3/realtek.jpg

Paul

For some reason, now the RealTek panel will no longer display. When i
double click on the exe nothing happens. Task Manager does NOT show
it execting either. Go figger.

Peter