Help me Important! CPU fan not starting up!

Old January 21st 07, 07:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
tommylux

Default Help me Important! CPU fan not starting up!

I have a brand new E6600 processor and Gigabyte GA-965p-D6 Motherboard.

When I start it on, the CPU fan doesnt start up. (Being afraid, I
havent left it running longer than 30 seconds.)

I have read that this is normal and it starts up later?

Plesae could someone confirm.

Tom

Old January 21st 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

"tommylux" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a brand new E6600 processor and Gigabyte GA-965p-D6 Motherboard.

When I start it on, the CPU fan doesnt start up. (Being afraid, I
havent left it running longer than 30 seconds.)

I have read that this is normal and it starts up later?

Plesae could someone confirm.

Tom

That mainboard has intel quiet system technology. Unless you enter the BIOS
to turn that feature off, the CPU fan may or may not run when you first turn
the system on. To make sure everything is working right, you should turn
that feature OFF and boot a few times just to see if the fan will run at
all. If it does, then it's up to you whether you re-enable the system
control of the CPU fan speed or not. -Dave

Old January 21st 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

That is Really good idea to try in the BIOS

AE

Old January 21st 07, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

tommylux wrote:
I have a brand new E6600 processor and Gigabyte GA-965p-D6 Motherboard.

When I start it on, the CPU fan doesnt start up. (Being afraid, I
havent left it running longer than 30 seconds.)

I have read that this is normal and it starts up later?

Plesae could someone confirm.

Tom

In the BIOS, look in "PC Health Status".
Set "Fan Speed Control Method" [Disabled].
Save and Exit.
On the next POST, the fan should be working.

Paul
Old January 21st 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

go into the bios by pressing F4 at the top of your kebord several times
when you hit the power switch and theat will take you to a BLUE screen.
Go to Fands and Processors useing your kebord, and hit ENTER. That will
show you your Fan list. Make sure all are selected too run. If not
change that setting to Run and Go back to the main menu and hit save
changes and exit. That should fit it.

Old January 22nd 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
tommylux

Went into the bios, and the fan started up before I was able to
checkout the options.

Cheers guys

Old January 22nd 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

tommylux wrote:

Went into the bios, and the fan started up
before I was able to checkout the options.

You should still check how that option is set.

Old January 22nd 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
frischmoutt

Fan possibly stuck by the dry grease/oil mixed to the dust.
Use WD40 first to dissolve the **** then lubricate it with "3 in 1", it
contains teflon.
I saved some fans with this procedure.
Otherwise, there's no voltage and this is a MoBo failure.

Old January 29th 07, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Did it work

Old January 29th 07, 05:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
tommylux

Yes, it will automatically runs when it gets a little warmer. But one
thing i highly recommend is that you use Intels QST setting OR
Disabled under Fan speed control method in the PC Health in the Bios
screen. This is because the Processors fan also provides cooling for
the northbridge chip on the motherboard. If left on Automatic, doest
provide much cooling, but Intel QST (I prefer this) and Disabled
setting provide effective cooling to the northbridge. On Automatic, my
computer would freeze on the welcome screen for about 30 seconds. With
QST, would load instantly.

For some reason, my northbridge temp always says 63 degrees C, (only
visible in intel QST Setting). Even on startup from cold.

Regards
Tom

On Jan 29, 12:22 am, "
wrote: