Youtube nerd claim: intel 4 core + 4 fake/hyper cores, beats AMD 6 core ?

Old September 10th 15, 05:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Youtube nerd claim: intel 4 core + 4 fake/hyper cores, beats AMD 6 core ?

Haha... I just noticed different model numbers.

Will have to try this again, but this time make sure, same model numbers
LOL.

Well **** their confusion lol.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 10th 15, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

WTF same ****:

https://browser.primatelabs.com/geek...&q=AMD+FX+8370

Only 4 cores reported by benchmark ?!?

WTF is going on here ?!

Have review sites been fooled:

Example:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 10th 15, 05:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

This answers the question a bit:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...cores-cpu.html

Not too happy about it though.

This confusion... and possible floating point bottleneck kinda sucks.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 10th 15, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Weird, why does this benchmark site say 4 cores for this AMD processor ?!

https://browser.primatelabs.com/geek...&q=AMD+FX-9590

Isn't it supposed to be 8 ?!?

I can vaguely remember reading something about bad core detection or
something.

Or is something else going on here ?

Is this actually AMD's hyperthreading and AMD lying ?

Hmmm...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Is it 4 or is it 8 ? You can see from the picture, visually
it looks ambiguous.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/upgrade...-402801-22.jpg

"The dispatch controller is connected to two integer processing clusters
and a single floating point unit.

A module is commonly referred to as a dual-core processor,
although only the integer clusters are dualed."

HTH,
Paul
Old September 10th 15, 05:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Also caches is what matters big time.

If not 8 caches, then as far as I am concerned if only 4 caches then it's a
4 core processor no matter how many processing modules it has !

Though perhaps it would be interesting to invert this logic.

A 4 core processor might be classified as an 8 core processor if it has 8
instruction and data caches ! HAHA LOL.

But let's not do that

A processing/compute/execution bottleneck would still be ****ty.

Just do everything x8 okidokie smokey ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 10th 15, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Thanks for the picture.

Definetly a 4 core machine in my book !

Sounds like AMD trying to pull a fast one on people... not cool !

The extra integer processing capacity is nice... but they should not call it
an 8 core.. that just misleading as hell !

(Takes me 10 seconds to figure that out from looking at the picture ! )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 10th 15, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:37:29 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

It would be a whole lot easier if these charts mentioned core counts and
hyper core counts !

Idiot.

ALL of the Intel i series CPUs have EXACTLY one virtual core for each
hard core.
Old September 10th 15, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:37:29 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Gave us:

But quite frankly they can go shove their model numbers up their arses.

Name it "INTEL CPU CORE 4" or **** off ! lol =D

You're a goddamned retard.