Adding a SSD to Optiplex 790 mini tower

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11th 18, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Adding a SSD to Optiplex 790 mini tower

The Optiplex 790 is running Windows 7 64 bit. I want to put a 1TB SSD,
load Windows 10 64 bit on the SSD and make it the primary hard drive and
the existing 500GB hard drive containing Windows 7 as the
secondary. I watched the video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFbrBkauBc and estimate the process is
similar.

1. Anything else I need to be aware of while adding another disk to
Optiplex 790 mini tower?

2. Can I use SATA data cables for the SSD borrowed from another Optiplex
790?

3. Can I configure the BIOS so that the computer automatically boots
from the 1TB SSD which has a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit?

Thanks