2500+ locked

Old November 14th 03, 02:11 PM
John M

Default 2500+ locked

I heard the other day that the AMD 2500+ now and have been coming out
of the fractory locked. What I want to know is, are the locked
versions still allowing 3200+ speeds by just changing the FSB to
200Mhz instead of 166Mhz.

Thanks!
Old November 14th 03, 03:16 PM
Adam Webb

yup the 200fsb useage is still there, its just a shame. For me my board max
is 205 fsb, that makes the locked 2500+ "only" 2255 mhz....so on my current
unlocked one im lucky to use 11.5x205.

before anyone says wiremods or link the L1's, you cant, AMD have changed
something meaning only 11 will work.

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
http://www.tacticalgamer.com

________________________

"nightic" wrote in message

"John M" wrote in message
I heard the other day that the AMD 2500+ now and have been coming out
of the fractory locked. What I want to know is, are the locked
versions still allowing 3200+ speeds by just changing the FSB to
200Mhz instead of 166Mhz.

Yep, it's only the multiplier that is locked.

Old November 14th 03, 09:29 PM
Michael Brown

John M wrote:
I heard the other day that the AMD 2500+ now and have been coming out
of the fractory locked. What I want to know is, are the locked
versions still allowing 3200+ speeds by just changing the FSB to
200Mhz instead of 166Mhz.

Yup, there is no FSB lock (you can even still pin-trick the fsb sense pins
if your MB doesn't support setting the multiplier).

For other info, see:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...hreadid=244237
(tales of woe and some useful information)

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...hreadid=245742
(people trying to figure it out)

http://www.emboss.co.nz/amdunlock
(my own page for a bit of a summary and my thoughts)

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Old March 12th 04, 02:17 AM
homer

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:11:42 GMT, John M
wrote:

I heard the other day that the AMD 2500+ now and have been coming out
of the fractory locked. What I want to know is, are the locked
versions still allowing 3200+ speeds by just changing the FSB to
200Mhz instead of 166Mhz.

Thanks!

It's there any danger to a system by having the fsb set to 200? I've
set it on my system and it seems to be working fine (benchmarking as a
3200+). I had a case fan put in my system when I got it because I
heard that AMD processors run a little hot. That the only change I've
made to my system and it's perfectly stable at this time. TIA.
Old March 12th 04, 03:37 AM
joehandy

hey there!
i've got a 2500+ cpu also and when i set my fbs to 200 it just kinda...does
nothing...it restarts and just kinda goes blank...what's your secret? help me
out...please?

amd 2500+ barton
asus A7N8X deluxe mb
3 sticks samsung 512 3200 memory
geforce fx 5700 ultra
2 80 gig hd's
soundblaster audigy 2 platinum
memorex crr
hp 300i dvd burner

i think that's it...
Old March 13th 04, 09:56 PM
Augustus

Try pushing your vcore up to 1.70 or 1.725. Make sure you cooling is good.

LOCKED HARDDRIVE pirate General 6 August 25th 04 07:51 AM
Worth getting Barton 2500 now that Athlon64 is here? Steve Wolfe General 22 August 23rd 04 11:30 PM
Overclocked 2500 Barton to 3200 using my old Crucial 2100 DDR [email protected] General 5 January 18th 04 09:01 AM
AMD Barton 2500 prices [email protected] General 1 January 2nd 04 01:15 PM
PC2100 DDR Ram with Athlon XP 2500 Barton? Mr. Brian Allen Overclocking AMD Processors 2 July 21st 03 09:13 PM