ERGONOMIC MOUSE

Old July 29th 03, 03:03 AM
JW

Default ERGONOMIC MOUSE

To any and all informed Computer users,

Does anyone use an ERGONOMIC MOUSE? If so, which one? I'm
using a Logitech 2-button (with scroll wheel) optical mouse.
Unfortunately, it gives me hand and wrist ache after a while.

I've searched the Net and found the Perfit and Kensington Pro
Track-Ball, ergonomic mice. Has anyone used these? Which one(s)
is(are) the best for the money?

JW
Old July 29th 03, 07:25 AM
rcm

I use a Microsoft InteliMouse Pro with scroll. I always used Microsoft
mice. I find this one is bigger, higher and more shaped to my hand
(right-handed). I have a mouse pad with a wrist rest.

What I try to do is not use the mouse when I can. For example, when reading
the posts in Outlook Express, I use the spacebar to scroll down the post and
the arrow key to change posts. I cut and paste using CTRL-X and CTRL-V with
the mouse positioning the target. I forget what other things I do with the
keyboard to reduce the mouse usage. I want to learn more of them as it is
faster to keep the hands on the keys.

Old July 29th 03, 12:17 PM
John McGaw

"JW" wrote in message
To any and all informed Computer users,

Does anyone use an ERGONOMIC MOUSE? If so, which one? I'm
using a Logitech 2-button (with scroll wheel) optical mouse.
Unfortunately, it gives me hand and wrist ache after a while.

I've searched the Net and found the Perfit and Kensington Pro
Track-Ball, ergonomic mice. Has anyone used these? Which one(s)
is(are) the best for the money?

JW

You might want to give the Logitech Trackman Wheel trackball a shot -- I've
been using their trackballs for a while and this is the best one yet. I've
had hand/wrist problems in the past from various causes but using the
trackball causes absolutely no strain to me.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Old July 29th 03, 09:09 PM
ric

Try http://www.evoluent.biz
Old July 30th 03, 01:02 AM
John McGaw

"JW" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:17:07 -0400, "John McGaw"
wrote:

snip...

It looks strange, but interesting nonetheless. But there is no
mention on the Logitech site if it is Ergonomic. Do you find it easy
to manipulate the ball with your thumb? Is the Logitech Trackman
better than the Kensington Expert Trackball?

JW

Ergonomic is a ergonomic does (unless you live in one of the countries where
the government takes draconian measures to enforce their own standards). I
can say that the Logitech trackball is easy to operate with no movement or
unnatural flexing required and maneuvering with the thumb seems to be very
precise for me. In fact the hand is largely immobile and relaxed as it sits
on the casing. I have never used the Kensigton trackball but if their mice
are any example, almost anything would have to be better since every one
I've worked with has failed in some manner in short order.

Old July 30th 03, 02:57 AM
JW

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:25:19 GMT, "rcm" wrote:

I use a Microsoft InteliMouse Pro with scroll. I always used Microsoft
mice. I find this one is bigger, higher and more shaped to my hand
(right-handed). I have a mouse pad with a wrist rest.

I checked for the mouse you mentioned, but couldn't find just
that model. None of the mice I saw look Ergonomic. Using extra
paraphernalia (like a wrist rest), just makes things more cumbersome.

What I try to do is not use the mouse when I can. For example, when reading
the posts in Outlook Express, I use the spacebar to scroll down the post and
the arrow key to change posts. I cut and paste using CTRL-X and CTRL-V with
the mouse positioning the target. I forget what other things I do with the
keyboard to reduce the mouse usage. I want to learn more of them as it is
faster to keep the hands on the keys.

I know what you mean. The keyboard is sometimes faster than
the mouse. But for games, you need the mouse.
Have you ever used the 3M Joystick mouse? It keeps your hand
in the handshake position (like the Quill mouse), while you move the
mouse around on some surface.

JW
Old July 30th 03, 03:10 AM
JW

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:09:33 -0700, ric wrote:

http://www.evoluent.biz

Thanks Ric. I've seen this mouse before. It's like the 3M or
Quill mouse. Have you ever used any of these?

JW
Old July 30th 03, 07:10 AM
ric

JW wrote:

http://www.evoluent.biz

Thanks Ric. I've seen this mouse before. It's like the 3M or
Quill mouse. Have you ever used any of these?

No. I'm currently using the Logitech MX700 Cordless/Optical mouse. I find
it to be quite comfortible. Love the resting spot for the thumb. And...
no &uck!?@ cord. Nice.

Mouse causing speakers to crackle - Fix Super Moo General 1 August 1st 03 08:13 PM
Serial Mouse with KVM Switch Thomas M General 2 July 16th 03 07:43 PM
A wireless mouse 30 or more feet away phantom General 4 July 12th 03 01:00 AM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM
PS2 mouse not recognized JMMach General 3 June 28th 03 03:35 AM