good online parts source?

Old September 1st 04, 05:33 AM
John

Default good online parts source?

For years I had been using the same reliable source (tcwo.com) for
inexpensive parts. Unfortunately I think they recently went out of
business. I'd appreciate some recommendations for any online parts source
for both the high performance enthusiast and for when I just need to
assemble a reliable everyday box for a friend or family member. I recently
walked through a local CompUSA and about choked on their pricing and crappy
parts availability.

John

Old September 1st 04, 05:45 PM
Steve Midgley

I was checking out their offerings and prices and they do seem to be
competitive with a good selection, thanks. I'd appreciate any other
suggestions if anyone has them.

John

www.mwave.com and www.zipzoomfly.com are two more good suppliers.

--
Steve Midgley

Old September 1st 04, 06:27 PM
David Besack

For years I had been using the same reliable source (tcwo.com) for
inexpensive parts. Unfortunately I think they recently went out of
business. I'd appreciate some recommendations for any online parts source
for both the high performance enthusiast and for when I just need to
assemble a reliable everyday box for a friend or family member. I

recently
walked through a local CompUSA and about choked on their pricing and

crappy
parts availability.

The two I hear most from people is newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com -
personally I find newegg has a better interface and search engine but both
sites have good prices and often pretty good deals on clearance stuff.

Old September 1st 04, 08:21 PM
H3LpM3P1z

"John" wrote in message ...
For years I had been using the same reliable source (tcwo.com) for
inexpensive parts. Unfortunately I think they recently went out of
business. I'd appreciate some recommendations for any online parts source
for both the high performance enthusiast and for when I just need to
assemble a reliable everyday box for a friend or family member. I recently
walked through a local CompUSA and about choked on their pricing and crappy
parts availability.

John

-www.newegg.com (I like newegg the best.)
*Great price
*Cheap shipping (3-4 Fedex saver)

Here's some other computer online stores if you don't like newegg.
www.pcprogress.com
www.zipzoomfly.com
www.xpcgear.com
www.futurepowerpc.com
www.provantage.com
www.xoxide.com (sells only computer ACCESSORIES. Ex. fans, cables, cases, etc.)
Old September 2nd 04, 04:32 AM
Mac Cool

"John" said:

I used Newegg.com

Unfortunately I think they recently went out of
business.

Why do you think that? Their website say's down for maintenance and they
did just completely overhaul their website, so it's plausible.
--
Mac Cool
Old September 2nd 04, 08:16 AM
Hank

"Mac Cool" wrote in message
"John" said:

Unfortunately I think they recently went out of
business.

Why do you think that? Their website say's down for maintenance and they
did just completely overhaul their website, so it's plausible.
--
Mac Cool

And it also states on there web site "Should you need help with a purchase,
you should contact the manufacturer directly." Makes one wonder why they
cant even answer there own phones concerning a purchase. I do hope there not
out of business because I too have used them several times through the years
and was always happy with them

Hank

Old September 2nd 04, 08:51 AM
[LI] NTF -O-

We use newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com exclusively. We've built abou
40 machines using components exclusively from both suppliers

Newegg.com's return/RMA policy is very good. When you read it i
written terms, it's a little scary, like you'll get stuck wit
something, but in real practice, they are _very_ good about it. W
even ordered 10 of the wrong CPUs one time, opened them, installe
them, and when they wouldn't work, Newegg RMA'd the lot and sent u
the correct CPUs

We haven't used zipzoomfly's return/rma yet, so I don't know how goo
they are in that respect. Maybe someone else can comment on that

ZipZoomFly has free 2-day UPS, and they have shipped our last 1
orders out same-day, and their pricing is a little lower on the item
we usually buy. This is certainly a good trend. NewEgg has fre
3-day Fedex Express Saver on most items that we buy

NTF/L
----
Via TrinityNe
Lethal Intentions Clan phpBB http://lethalintentions.trinitygaming.net/forum

Old September 2nd 04, 04:46 PM
Hank

"Michael Cecil" wrote in message

Well, they just want to be clear that for tech support you need to contact
the manufacturer. For help with a purchase they'll be glad to talk to
you.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Really? Well I would sure appreciate it if you would share with me the
number that you use when you call and talk to them. The one that I use
doesn't seem to be able to find any "live" people or even a voice mail box
that isn't already filled to capacity.

Thanks in advance,
Hank

Old September 2nd 04, 06:14 PM
Hank

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:46:23 GMT, "Hank" wrote:

"Michael Cecil" wrote in message
. ..

Well, they just want to be clear that for tech support you need to
contact
the manufacturer. For help with a purchase they'll be glad to talk to
you.

Really? Well I would sure appreciate it if you would share with me the
number that you use when you call and talk to them. The one that I use
doesn't seem to be able to find any "live" people or even a voice mail box
that isn't already filled to capacity.

I get the distinct feeling that you don't want a number and just want to
bitch, but the number I've called in the past is 562-695-5840.

--
Michael Cecil

http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Well I'm sorry if I come across to you as being bitchy. At times I do tend
to get that way especially when someone speaks about something as if they
know what they are talking about when in all actuality they haven't a clue.
Unless they packed up all there stuff and moved clean across the country and
then changed there name to ABS, which the operator categorically denies,
then your phone number is bogus too.

But thanks for trying,
Hank

Good Deals Online Jeroen General 3 December 7th 03 07:48 AM
Good Deals Online MainDeals Overclocking 4 December 7th 03 05:32 AM
Whats a good online store to buy pc bits and parts from ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Overclocking 21 December 6th 03 07:07 AM
Places to get Parts online. Shawn Overclocking AMD Processors 17 September 24th 03 01:37 PM
UK source for good quality socket 7 sized fans Michael Green Overclocking 8 July 9th 03 02:52 PM