Canon ip4500 Questions

Old March 24th 08, 08:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Chapman

Default Canon ip4500 Questions

Just starting out with a brand new Canon Pixma ip4500 in the UK and as
this is my first Canon printer
I have a couple of questions which are not answered in the manual.

1. I have been printing full colour A4 borderless prints which look very
good.
So far I have printed 19 sheets and the ink monitor is now showing
less than full
on two of the tanks. The monitor seems to go down in steps rather
than a gradual motion.
Are these steps quarters or thirds of the total amount of ink in the
cartridge or how many steps
are there before the cartridge is empty ?

2. Turning my attention to the purchase of replacement ink cartridges
here in the UK,
the options seem to be:

A Original Canon product at £8 to £10 each

B Cartridge World product with reset chips at £5 to £6 each.

C Compatible product to which I add the existing chips at £3 each.

I understand that options A and B should work with no problems.
If I select option C, I understand that I will lose the ink monitor
function.
Is this loss of function permanent and irreversible or will the use of
a full price Canon
product after the use of a compatible restore the ink monitor function ?

All helpful comments gratefully received with thanks in advance. The
resident troll can
save himself the effort of replying as his message is always boringly
the same.

John Chapman
Old March 24th 08, 09:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
OpaPiloot[_2_]

John Chapman wrote:

[...]

If a new original cartridge is mounted, ink level monitoring is restored
for that one.
Replace original cartridges only when it refuses to print due an
completely empty cartridge.
Replace catridges without ink monitoring immediately when printing is
flawed, otherwise you risk damaging the printhead.

A lot of info is available at http://www.nifty-stuff.com
Cli8 stuf can be found a.o. via
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/sea...h_id=229533640

--
Have fun, Bert
Old March 24th 08, 10:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Locutus of Borg

Dana 24.03.2008. 21:48, John Chapman lupi chelom po tipkovnici i nastade
slijedeci tekst:

1. I have been printing full colour A4 borderless prints which look very
good.
So far I have printed 19 sheets and the ink monitor is now showing
less than full
on two of the tanks. The monitor seems to go down in steps rather
than a gradual motion.
Are these steps quarters or thirds of the total amount of ink in the
cartridge or how many steps
are there before the cartridge is empty ?

cartridges are tramsparent, so you can compare real level and level on
monitor.

2. Turning my attention to the purchase of replacement ink cartridges
here in the UK,
the options seem to be:

A Original Canon product at £8 to £10 each

B Cartridge World product with reset chips at £5 to £6 each.

C Compatible product to which I add the existing chips at £3 each.

I understand that options A and B should work with no problems.
If I select option C, I understand that I will lose the ink monitor
function.
Is this loss of function permanent and irreversible or will the use of
a full price Canon
product after the use of a compatible restore the ink monitor function ?

in some cases, when cartridge is near empty (einoguh ink for colouring
"walls" of cartridge), if you put chip on full one, ink monitor will
restore level...
when you put original, or reset (somewhere) chip, ink monitor will work
normally...
within first 2-3 sets of colours, you will learn to aproximate ink level
(if you use C option), so there will be no need for "eye-checking"
levels...

--
I am Locutus of Borg,
Your life as it has been is over,
Old March 25th 08, 02:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

John Chapman wrote:
Just starting out with a brand new Canon Pixma ip4500 in the UK and
as this is my first Canon printer
I have a couple of questions which are not answered in the manual.

1. I have been printing full colour A4 borderless prints which look
very good.
So far I have printed 19 sheets and the ink monitor is now showing
less than full
on two of the tanks. The monitor seems to go down in steps rather
than a gradual motion.
Are these steps quarters or thirds of the total amount of ink in the
cartridge or how many steps
are there before the cartridge is empty ?

2. Turning my attention to the purchase of replacement ink cartridges
here in the UK,
the options seem to be:

A Original Canon product at £8 to £10 each

That is the only way to get true Canon quality as designed by the
engineers. Anything less and you will not longer have a real Canon
printer but some hybrid

B Cartridge World product with reset chips at £5 to £6 each.

I would not recommend that.

C Compatible product to which I add the existing chips at £3
each.

The word compatible is meaning less. Canon CL8 ink is designed to
resist fading and is patented. There is no substitute just a bunch of
claim by vendors who sell who knows what mainly from china like the dog
food and toothpaste along with leaded paint.

I understand that options A and B should work with no problems.

Option A is the only one that works with no problems. If crap ink can
be traced as the cause for ruining the printer Canon does not have to
fix it under the warranty.
If I select option C, I understand that I will lose the ink
monitor function.

Yes and you will get lower quality, increased fading in your prints and
unless you print a great deal you will have a higher propensity to clog
the print head.
Is this loss of function permanent and irreversible or will the
use of a full price Canon
product after the use of a compatible restore the ink monitor
function ?

Once you replace all Canon carts and ink that issue should correct
itself but you never know just how much your print head has been
compromised and if you are getting all of the quality you paid for.

Old March 25th 08, 02:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

OpaPiloot wrote:

John Chapman wrote:

[...]

This is the refillers cult.

snip

Canon IP4000 vs IP4500 ac Printers 9 February 25th 08 11:09 AM
Difference between Canon ip5300 and ip4500 ?? Synapse Syndrome Printers 14 February 19th 08 02:21 AM
Kyson Continuous Ink System for Canon Ip4500 [email protected] Printers 3 January 29th 08 11:38 PM
Canon Pixma IP4500 ac Printers 16 January 15th 08 05:12 PM
strange characters printed Canon IP4500 (PC with WinXP) [email protected] Printers 2 December 30th 07 03:25 PM