How do I tell if I have an unlocked 2500?

Old February 13th 04, 11:42 AM
Heckler ²°°³

Default How do I tell if I have an unlocked 2500?

Hi guys, just got a replacement 2500 after my MB failed and fried the CPU
along with it. Both replaced under warranty.

Not sure how to tell if the 2500 is unlocked or not.

The stepping on the die a
AQYFA 0340 MPMW

Thanks

Old February 13th 04, 11:56 AM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:42:33 +0000, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:

Hi guys, just got a replacement 2500 after my MB failed and fried the CPU
along with it. Both replaced under warranty.

Not sure how to tell if the 2500 is unlocked or not.

The stepping on the die a
AQYFA 0340 MPMW

99% chance it is locked. Only way to tell for sure is to try and raise the
multiplier and see if it works.

Old February 13th 04, 11:50 PM
Lee

well its a week 40 my impression is its bound to be locked only like pre
week 33s are most likely unlocked.

:
:Not sure how to tell if the 2500 is unlocked or not.
:
:The stepping on the die a
:AQYFA 0340 MPMW
:
:Thanks
:
:H
:

-----
Lee.
Old February 14th 04, 02:02 PM
Heckler ²°°³

Lee wrote:
well its a week 40 my impression is its bound to be locked only like
pre week 33s are most likely unlocked.

Did some testing, and it's definately locked.

Started raising the FSB, got up to 11x182 ok, but running sisoft sandra the
machine rebooted. Might need to raise the voltages a little. Alos I bought
some more PC3200 yesterday, so I'd have 1gb and can use the dual channel
mode... but one dimm is dual sided and the other single sided.. does that
mean they're not gonna work in dual channel properly? I've relaxed the
timings to 8-3-3 cas 3.0 just in case.

Old February 14th 04, 05:23 PM
Chip

"Heckler ²°°³" wrote in message
Lee wrote:
well its a week 40 my impression is its bound to be locked only like
pre week 33s are most likely unlocked.

Did some testing, and it's definately locked.

Started raising the FSB, got up to 11x182 ok, but running sisoft sandra

the
machine rebooted. Might need to raise the voltages a little. Alos I bought
some more PC3200 yesterday, so I'd have 1gb and can use the dual channel
mode... but one dimm is dual sided and the other single sided.. does that
mean they're not gonna work in dual channel properly? I've relaxed the
timings to 8-3-3 cas 3.0 just in case.

It should still work, but only at the timings the slowest stick can handle,
obviously.

Chip.