HP 2000C unpredictable

Old March 23rd 08, 12:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John

Default HP 2000C unpredictable

When it's going, my HP 2000C is a beauty. However, it has these non-
cooperation attacks where it either fails to respond at all
accompanied by all the front panel lights flashing or shows amber
attention light and prints out an ink status page (all OK). Using
the latest driver (XP) but exhibited the same behavior with Win2000.

I've tried several parallel cables and with/without a switch box

Any suggestions?

John Mackesy
Old March 23rd 08, 02:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Perros

Suggest you connect it to a laptop or other desktop to rule out PC
hardware fault. Try a borrowed PCI parallel card to see if that stops
the fault.

You might try removing all software specific to the HP2000C and
reinstalling the latest drivers. You may need to delete the drivers
and reset the PC more than once - see:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpd05369

Perhaps the printer has an intermittent fault. It's no spring chicken
is it?

hope this helps,

Peter

Old March 24th 08, 12:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

If I understand your posting, you have tried this same printer with two
different operating systems (and maybe even two different computers)
with two different drivers and with several parallel cables and the
results are the same, is that correct (you get intermittent no response,
or LEDs flashing).

Are the LED flashing patterns always the same? Have you attempted to
document the LED flashes and tried to determine their meaning? Is there
any rhyme or reason to the times these things occur (such as if the
document is from a certain program, or has a certain number of pages or
a certain size graphic, or a certain file size?) Or perhaps when
certain other programs are open?

Do you have any problems with paper feeding properly, or sensing?

Does your hard drive have adequate clean space on it for printer
spooling (probably would be on the C drive unless you've manually
changed it).

Intermittent problems are a real pain to track down, but if you can find
a pattern to when it is occurring, that can be a hint as to what may be
involved.

Art

Old March 24th 08, 01:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John

On Mar 24, 11:41 am, Arthur Entlich wrote:
If I understand your posting, you have tried this same printer with two
different operating systems (and maybe even two different computers)
with two different drivers and with several parallel cables and the
results are the same, is that correct (you get intermittent no response,
or LEDs flashing).

At this distance I think I've been through all the hoops, tried with
various O/S's, computers and cables and drivers. Seems to be an
intermittent printer problem, which is as you say a real pain. I was
hoping someone who'd encountered the same problem with this printer
might be able to share their insight with me, to speed things up after
get stuck into it. Repair manual seems to unobtainium and the User
Guide
isn't that informative.

My proposed next step is to take the thing completely apart, check the
power supply voltages, security of connections and mechanical
operation. I'd been hoping to avoid this...

All suggestions gratefully received.

John

Old March 24th 08, 01:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
smlunatick

On Mar 23, 8:23*pm, John wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:41 am, Arthur Entlich wrote: If I understand your posting, you have tried this same printer with two
[...]

Have you tried different printer "data" cables (cable used the send
print info to the printer?)

I have also seen a wall power jack problem where the printer became
"affected" becoase on an improper wiring (reverse polarity or bad
groudnd.)

HP 2000c Workaround Rich Printers 1 May 6th 05 04:50 PM
Is it possible to refill the HP 2000c printhead? Matt Printers 8 April 8th 04 06:04 PM
HP 2000C color problem Catlady Printers 4 November 5th 03 12:41 AM
HP 2000C color problem Catlady Printers 0 November 4th 03 08:51 PM
HP 2000C color output Catlady Printers 0 August 16th 03 03:15 AM