5950 Ultra giving me low FPS on Counterstrike. Help please?

Old October 19th 04, 08:29 PM
Scotter

Default 5950 Ultra giving me low FPS on Counterstrike. Help please?

My friend swapped cards (see below). FPS dropped instead of increasing (see
below).
I recommended he flash his BIOS and get latest drivers for everything.
I also think he needs a better power supply (see below).
Other ideas?

Game: Counterstrike
Old card: ATi 9600pro w/256 mb RAM was getting 99 fps
New card: nVidia 5950 Ultra w/256 mb RAM now getting 60 fps
Rest of system: Athlon 3200+, Asus mobo, 512 RAM, two hard drives, ****ty
sound card, nic card, 300 watt power supply

Thanks!
--
Scotter

Old October 19th 04, 08:52 PM
sp

it could be the card is using the highest display quality. right click on
ur desktop then properties. then settings then advanced. then ur graphics
card name in the tab. then click on performance & quality (differs from
driver versions) and in the middle u should see "global driver settings"
click on image settings and make sure its on performance of high performance
depeding on what u want.

if thats all ok before u edit it, it could something else. and make sure
the molex is plugged into ur card.

hope this helps

sp

Old October 19th 04, 11:44 PM
Gav

"Scotter" wrote in message
My friend swapped cards (see below). FPS dropped instead of increasing

(see
below).
I recommended he flash his BIOS and get latest drivers for everything.
I also think he needs a better power supply (see below).
Other ideas?

Game: Counterstrike
Old card: ATi 9600pro w/256 mb RAM was getting 99 fps
New card: nVidia 5950 Ultra w/256 mb RAM now getting 60 fps
Rest of system: Athlon 3200+, Asus mobo, 512 RAM, two hard drives, ****ty
sound card, nic card, 300 watt power supply

Thanks!
--
Scotter

Scotter

You may have 'VSYNC' turned on which is syncing to your monitor refresh rate
setting.

Worth checking.

Gav