DDR memory running at wrong speed?

Old January 11th 05, 08:06 PM
Noozer

Default DDR memory running at wrong speed?

Hey dumbass... where does it say "BINARIES" in this groups name?

Why were you so lazy that you couldn't just type what the screen said?

You've knocked over 100 messages off of this group not to mention the time
wasted for those on dialup trying to read you message.

"James D" wrote in message
om...
I recently added 2x 512 sticks of memory to my system. Previously I had 2x
256 sticks. BOTH kinds are DDR266. I put the bigger size in channels A and

in banks 0 and 0. I put the old ones in channels A adn B slots 1 and 1.

The
512's (according to the BIOS) are running at DDR266 while the older 256's
are running at DDR333.

Since the processor is only a P4 2A that will only run at 400MHz, how can
these modules be running higher than supposed to? The MOBO is an Intel
D865PERL.

Did I put the memory in right? Someone suggesting flashing the BIOS. I
prefer to do that only as a last resort as I like my system to keep

running.
Thanks for the help.

Old January 11th 05, 11:28 PM
James D

Unless you really care about your fellow computer users (which you don't
judging by your lame response) then pardon me. Why don't you get a ****ing
high speed connection asshole! I'm just trying to get some help and you
gotta be so ****ing rude. Instead of being a dickhead, why not offer some
"helpful" suggestions for those who are not the almighty posters like your
lame ass. Assholes like you need to be shot!!! I hope you die crossing the
****ing street or worse.

Old January 11th 05, 11:34 PM
N9WOS

You've knocked over 100 messages off of this group

Curiosity has just got the better of me.

What general message storage rules does your
usenet/internet provider follow?
With the two usenet/internet providers I have had over the last 9 years,
(AOL for a few years, and AT&T for the rest of the time)
I have never seen what you just stated.

And for a side note....
his post didn't push any messages of the server on my end.

Both providers I have had, go by a age rule.
Anything over 20 days old gets dropped.
And I have never seen a post dropped before that 20 day setting,
Even when someone went nuts and posted Gigabytes of data to a non binary
group.
It would be interesting to know if any large usenet providers go by a size
based formula
to decide when to push off old post.

I know some small local providers would, but Shaw.ca
doesn't exactly classify as a small provider to me.

Old January 12th 05, 12:27 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

N9WOS wrote:
[...]

Sorry, but Noozer has a valid point. This is a non-binaries group. Many ISPs
(including mine - if I was using their server) strip binary posts from where
they don't belong, which will reduce the OP's chances of receiving
assistance. In the space his message took, 153 1k messages could have been
posted. It is incredibly selfish to post a binary where a plain text
description would have sufficed - doing so shows no consideration for anyone
else.

He is rude, arrogant and selfish, and I hope no one /does/ assist him.

on salads.

Old January 12th 05, 12:36 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

James D wrote:
Unless you really care about your fellow computer users (which you
don't judging by your lame response) then pardon me.

He does care, which is why he responded like he did. You're the one who's
selfish, rude, arrogant and uncaring. You care nothing for those still on
dial-up (I live in the UK, and some places will never have broadband, and
some folk can't afford it)

Why don't you get a ****ing high speed connection asshole!

See above. Broadband hasn't spread to every corner of the planet yet, you
moronic ****wit. I have friends who live on the Orkneys and they'll never
have it - ever.

I'm just trying to get some help

Yes, you need help all right (and admitting it is the first step to
recovery) - unfortunately it isn't the sort of help anyone here can give
you.

and you gotta be so ****ing rude.

He wasn't rude - *you* were. Posting a binary in a plain text group is rude,
selfish and lazy. If you'd taken the time to type the details no one would
have said anything. But you didn't, so you deserve everything you get.

Instead of being a dickhead

For the perfect definition of 'dickhead', please feel free to avail yourself
of the nearest mirror.

why not offer some "helpful" suggestions

Why? You don't deserve any help.

for those who are not the almighty posters like your lame ass.

Nothing to do with being an "almighty poster" [/sic/].

Assholes like you need to be shot!!! I hope you die crossing the ****ing
street or worse.

Yes, I agree, arseholes do need shooting - but, as Noozer isn't an arsehole,
it won't happen. For the perfect definition of 'arsehole' please avail

Old January 12th 05, 01:29 AM
CBFalconer

James D wrote:

.... snip ...

Name: icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
Encoding: x-uuencode

Name: image100[1].jpg
image100[1].jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
Encoding: x-uuencode

Please don't attach binary images in a non binary newsgroup. Those
have raised the article size to about 2500 lines, and will just be
stripped by the better newsgroups anyhow.

What you can do is mount the images somewhere, and post their URL
here.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!

Old January 12th 05, 02:30 AM
DevilsPGD

In message
"N9WOS" wrote:

It would be interesting to know if any large usenet providers go by a size
based formula
to decide when to push off old post.

Virtually all modern news servers expire based on the size of the spool
rather then date.

In the old days it made sense to expire by date since the feed was small
enough that you could run something else on the NNTP server other then
just NNTP.

Today, due to the overwhelming size of the newsfeed (over 1.2TB/day),
full feed news servers must be dedicated completely to news.

Expiring by date means that you're expiring articles before the disk is
full, resulting in the disk being underutilized. Expiring based on disk
availability is much more common since it gives the maximum possible
retention on a given set of hardware.

--
A fool and his money are soon popular.
Old January 12th 05, 03:19 AM
CBFalconer

James D wrote:

Unless you really care about your fellow computer users (which you
don't judging by your lame response) then pardon me. Why don't you
get a ****ing high speed connection asshole! I'm just trying to
get some help and you gotta be so ****ing rude. Instead of being a
dickhead, why not offer some "helpful" suggestions for those who
are not the almighty posters like your lame ass. Assholes like you
need to be shot!!! I hope you die crossing the ****ing street or
worse.

Not only are you an ignorant top-poster, you are also crude,
boorish, a trouble maker, and probably stupid. Go away and learn
some of the rules of polite society. You are unlikely to get any
help around here. If someone does offer any, it is likely to be a
sadistic and destructive trap anyhow after the way you have
behaved.

Old January 12th 05, 03:39 AM
James D

Well I appreciate your helpful suggestion cbfalconer on how to "post"
messages to newsgroups. I guess there are still a few courteous people left
on the internet.

I am using a newsreader program which "does not" come with instructions on
"how" to post to newsgroups. As for those offended by my colorful language,
I only save that for the most deserving who have to prove their betterness
of the newer users.

Everyone starts somewhere and I guess somehow, when one gets to the higher
user status, they've forgotten they even had a starting place lower down.

Old January 12th 05, 03:20 PM
Noozer

"James D" wrote in message
om...
Unless you really care about your fellow computer users (which you don't
judging by your lame response) then pardon me.

Why would I care about someone I don't know?

I try to be helpful when I can... You're problem is that you don't know how
to use a computer and from your previous post, you're too lazy to learn.

If you want help AND to be rude at the same time, pay someone to fix your
computer.

rest of the lameass cursing/namecalling snipped