A920

Old April 17th 04, 04:57 PM
Gonzo Lagonda

Default A920

Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different sized
cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the large
capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

Thanks!

Gonzo

Old April 17th 04, 06:04 PM
Tom Scales

Everything I have read is that the Dell-branded printers require Dell
cartridges. I would avoid them for that reason.

Tom
"Gonzo Lagonda" wrote in
message ...

Old April 18th 04, 02:43 AM
Ogden Johnson III

"Gonzo Lagonda"
wrote:

Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different sized
cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the large
capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

Every feedback ever seen here has said that the Dell versions of
Lexmark printers use Dell proprietary cartridges, and that
standard issue Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't work. But
since that's just Usenet talk, why don't you buy a couple [color
and b&w] of those clones, standard or high capacity, and tell us
if you find out they work.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
Old April 18th 04, 03:09 PM
Rerat/Rich

Gonzo,
The Dell A920 Inkjet cartridge design is slightly different than =
Standard Lexmark Inkjet cartridge design. It seems that the Dell =
cartridge is deeper and thinner, than the Lexmark one. Compare the =
images at the following sites, and compare.

Dell A920 Inkjet cartridge design:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...ry_id=3D&k=3D=
&mnf=3D&brandid=3D&prst=3D&prEnd=3D&sku=3D310-4143&mnfsku=3D&SearchType=3D=
&Page=3Dprinterconfigproductlisting.aspx&spagenum= 3D1&Pageb4Search=3D&InS=
tock=3D&items_per_page=3D25&orderby=3D&mnfname=3DD ELL&brand=3DA920+All-In=
-One+Inkjet+Printer&SubmitSearch=3D&image_flag=3DTr ue&refurbished=3D&c=3D=
us&l=3Den&cs=3D19&iCompatid=3D162245

Standard Lexmark Inkjet cartridge design:
http://store5.yimg.com/I/supermediastore_1789_4901142

--=20

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Old April 19th 04, 09:23 PM
Christopher Muto

you picture of the dell a920 cartridge is the correct replacement cartridge
for that printer, but the one for the lexmark x1150 is not. a picture for
the replacement cartridge for the x1150 can be found here
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ... 660804302498
if you enlarge it and look closely and compare the two cartridges you can
see that they are nearly identical, except for the top. because of the
different tops, they can not be installed interchangeably between the two
printers (the door will not lock down and hold the cartridge in place if the
wrong cartridge is inserted). on the positive side, the dell cartridges are
typically less expensive than the equivalent lexmark once (but no the clone
ones like nutone and rhinotek which are not made for dell models) but that
is little consolation if you happen to run out of ink wile trying to print
out something that is time sensitive and you can't wait for cartridges to
arrive in the mail... in that case it is good to know that the dell
cartridges can be refilled with the same refill kits meant for the lexmark
cartridges. i suppose if the dell printers ever become popular enough the
clone makers will offer cartridges for them too.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...ompatid=162245

Old April 28th 04, 01:27 AM
Harry

Popular...not with me I cannot afford the ink...printer was free with a
computer order...free but I will go broke buying ink...I`ii stick with
canon...Black cart...about $8..color $24.print quality good....Photo quality
way above average...Dell is in the closet...peace,Harry