Is Dell 600m an "ultra portable"?

Old April 23rd 04, 02:47 PM

Default Is Dell 600m an "ultra portable"?

Im thinking abt buying a laptop. Have never owned one in past at all
so just now learning abt them.

I really do NOT want a "desktop replacement" in a laptop.... even tho
if I by a laptop it will ultimately be used as a desktop most of the
time. However.... I still do want the ability to travel with it easily
if needed.

Having said all that....Im thinking abt the 600M. But what I need to
know is if the 600M is considered an ultra portable?

If not... which Dell laptop model IS considered an ultra portable?

Thanks n advance!
Old April 23rd 04, 04:13 PM
CL

Not sure if 600 M is ultra portable, BUT, I habve D600 -less than a year
old I am selling a D600 - not even a year old - still under Dell Service

D600 - 256MB Ram
30 GB Disk
CDRW
Centrino - 1.4 GHZ

let me know if interested

Old April 23rd 04, 04:19 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

wrote in message
Im thinking abt buying a laptop. Have never owned one in past at all
so just now learning abt them.

I really do NOT want a "desktop replacement" in a laptop.... even tho
if I by a laptop it will ultimately be used as a desktop most of the
time. However.... I still do want the ability to travel with it easily
if needed.

Having said all that....Im thinking abt the 600M. But what I need to
know is if the 600M is considered an ultra portable?

If not... which Dell laptop model IS considered an ultra portable?

Thanks n advance!

I would think Dell considers the m300 has "ultra portable". However, the
m600 is a very nice laptop and considerably lighter then the 1150 or 5150.

This page should give you the info you are looking for:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Personally I'd go for the m600 over the m300 or the 1150 5150. It offers
plenty of power in a formfactor that is not too heavy but has a screen size
and other features that I'd want in a laptop.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Old April 23rd 04, 06:13 PM
Christopher Muto

the dell ultra portables are the latitude x300 and dimension 300m. these
are the same machine with different color trim (x300 all silver, 300m has
blue accents). they are small and light and can be taken off their media
base which has the cd and connectors for other external devices for when you
want to travel light. but these have 12.1" screens vs. the 14.1: screen of
the dimension 600m which means they are smaller and so weigh about a pound
less...

Old April 24th 04, 03:19 AM

Not sure if 600 M is ultra portable, BUT, I habve D600 -less than a year
old I am selling a D600 - not even a year old - still under Dell Service

D600 - 256MB Ram
30 GB Disk
CDRW
Centrino - 1.4 GHZ

let me know if interested

Email me at

john63401 at fast mail dot fm

and let me know the price

will discuss it further via email
Old April 24th 04, 03:21 AM

Personally I'd go for the m600 over the m300 or the 1150 5150. It offers
plenty of power in a formfactor that is not too heavy but has a screen size
and other features that I'd want in a laptop.

OK... point taken.

I don't know anything abt the m300 spec wise.... but will read up on
it tho.

Are you saying that the m300 might be a bit too small for your liking?

Is the 300m quite a bit smaller form factor than the 600m?
Old April 24th 04, 03:25 AM

but these have 12.1" screens vs. the 14.1: screen of
the dimension 600m which means they are smaller and so weigh about a pound
less...

OK

Do you feel the smaller 12.1" screen size of the 300m to be TOO small
for your liking?

Would you go for the 600m over the 300m? Given you want something you
can travel with?

Old April 25th 04, 06:18 PM

your e-mail bounced = if interested - e-mail

Done