ProLiant DL380 G1 Memory

Old December 22nd 04, 06:42 PM
VinceV

Default ProLiant DL380 G1 Memory

I have acquired a DL380 with Dual PIII 1.0ghz processors that will need
some extra RAM. Given the fun I've had with the 1850 and its RAM needs
I was wondering if there were similar gotchas with the DL380?
Will any 133mhz buffered ECC SDRAM work? Or is Compaq ram required?

Old December 25th 04, 05:31 PM
Bob Johnson

You don't need to buy the memory from HP/Compaq. But not all 133MHz
memory is created equal. Any quality memory with the correct specs
should work but servers work with tight tolerances and there may be
some electricall charateristichs that are not tightly defined in the
spec but Compaq has tighter requirements for. The bottum line is that
if I had some 133MHz EEC sticks laying around I would try them but if
I had to buy them I would purchase ones that are qualified for usine
in a DL380.

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...bmit1=Se arch