Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Old July 7th 07, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jack Gillis

Default Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I have just installed a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card to replace my on
board sound card on my XP SP2 system. I am not clear on how to activate
the crystallization and virtual surround sound features on the Sounblaster.
Is it done automatically or do I have to do it manually via software? If
the latter, where are the settings?

Also, how do I access the Entertainment mode I have read about in various
places on the web?

Thank you very much.

Old July 7th 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat[_2_]

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I have just installed a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card to replace my
on board sound card on my XP SP2 system. I am not clear on how to
activate the crystallization and virtual surround sound features on the
Sounblaster. Is it done automatically or do I have to do it manually via
software? If the latter, where are the settings?

Also, how do I access the Entertainment mode I have read about in various
places on the web?

I assume you have installed the X-Fi software ?.

Are you ready ?

Start\All Programs\Creative\SB X-fi\Creative Console
Launcher.
Hover your mouse over the items.
hth.
bw..

Old July 7th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jack Gillis

"meerkat" wrote in message

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I have just installed a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card to replace my
on board sound card on my XP SP2 system. I am not clear on how to
activate the crystallization and virtual surround sound features on the
Sounblaster. Is it done automatically or do I have to do it manually via
software? If the latter, where are the settings?

Also, how do I access the Entertainment mode I have read about in various
places on the web?

I assume you have installed the X-Fi software ?.

Are you ready ?

Start\All Programs\Creative\SB X-fi\Creative Console
Launcher.
Hover your mouse over the items.
hth.
bw..

Thank you very much. I found the Crystallizer and Virtual Surround Sound
and enabled them. The Help function said to use the Mode tab to select the
Entertainment mode but there was no Mode tab. Perhaps it is somewhere other
than the Audio Console.

Thanks again.

Old July 8th 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ElJerid

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I have just installed a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card to replace my
on board sound card on my XP SP2 system. I am not clear on how to
activate the crystallization and virtual surround sound features on the
Sounblaster. Is it done automatically or do I have to do it manually via
software? If the latter, where are the settings?

Also, how do I access the Entertainment mode I have read about in various
places on the web?

Thank you very much.

Hoping someone from Creative is reading this post...
Unbelievable that users have to write this kind of post just because they
don't find their way in the X-Fi menus.
The Creative user's interface is a nightmare and searching for some
functionalities is everything except user friendly.
I had a Creative 5.1 Platinum before, but after upgrading to the X-Fi, I had
to spent a lot of time where and in what submenu they had put what I was
looking for. And of course, help of the manual was even worse.
And just to remain positive, the hardware is of course simply outstanding !