OT Digital Camera Reviews

Old June 6th 10, 06:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Brian K[_2_]

Default OT Digital Camera Reviews

Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Old June 6th 10, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Jun 6, 1:55 am, Brian K wrote:
Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

Most are going to be relatively dated to model advancements at sales
incentives . . . chances for latest and greatest improvements being an
alpha-numeric addition above a current model found on sale. Identify
the main players and focus on one of two things they do -- either
variances into pro-level SLR or the point-and-shoot model below.
There's only a few majors at that level, keeping it in the bigger
means of simplification -- Nikon and Canon, then Olympus, and not to
ignore Fuji (though mainly at the p-&-shoot level I'd guess). Narrows
considerably, either overridding pro press quality of the first in
SLRs starting say at $2000USD, or save some by way of Olympus.
They're all have bread-&-butter pocket cameras subtly closer grouped
in pricing. Find these respective model numbers, all 4 (from either
pro or not), and, what -- you've got just a few cameras everybody's
nephew is reviewing on their website, correctively now inclusive of
Britain. At which point the available good becomes less respective of
currency, but more in line with a subjectivity you place in Google's
advanced settings, at a return up to potentially one-hundred reviews
per page for any single model.

Or, do it the way I did. Got a point and shoot Canon, named something
I found on Amazon with the most positive reviews for a fair price I
did not steal. Then I looked around for its flaws, which there are in
measurable standards of course. Objectively, I shouldn't have a
problem with that particular brand when I do subject myself. Haven't
yet taken it out of the box much since getting it, see.
Old June 6th 10, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Agent_C

http://www.dpreview.com/

Old June 6th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ron[_6_]

On 6/5/2010 10:55 PM, Brian K wrote:
Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

I usually go to dpreview.com or www.steves-digicams.com/
Both are as objective as any sites I've seen.

Ron

Old June 6th 10, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ron[_6_]

On 6/5/2010 10:55 PM, Brian K wrote:
Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

Forgot to add, by the time Consumer Reports get published, the reviews
in their magazines are several months out of date. Newer models may have
replaced those they've reviewed.

Ron
Old June 7th 10, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DevilsPGD[_4_]

In message Brian K
was claimed to have wrote:

Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

www.dpreview.com and www.steves-digicams.com would be the first two I'd
use.
Old June 20th 10, 06:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Brian K[_2_]

DevilsPGD conferred with the ghost of Faye Wray and said On 6/6/2010
7:28 PM:
In messager9ydncmobdPDpZbRnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@earthlink .com Brian K
was claimed to have wrote:

Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

www.dpreview.com and www.steves-digicams.com would be the first two I'd
use.

Good advice. I will check dpreview and steves-digicams out. Thanks to
all who have posted.

--
________