Overclocking Radeon 9800 Pro?

Old July 22nd 03, 08:32 AM
Ulf Stahl

Default Overclocking Radeon 9800 Pro?

I'm sure this issue has been addressed several times before, but me being
new
to ATI cards, I need your help.
Just replaced my GF4 4400 with a Connect3D Radeon 9800 Pro, which
is a noticable improvement from the box already, especially at 1600x1200.

I would like to additionally squeeze out the 9800 Pro's reserves by
overclocking.
Have downloaded some utilities for that, but the changed o.c.-settings
cannot be
enabled/saved. The default values are always retained.

With the NVidia card the registry fix "Coolbits" was needed for
overclocking.
Is there a similar requirement to allow overclocking Radeon cards, or what's
the
correct method to push up core and memory speeds?

Cheers
Uffe

Old July 22nd 03, 01:36 PM
Frank Weston

There are a number of utilities that should work. Rage 3D, Powerstrip, and
a feature included if you use the Omega drivers are three that come to mind.
My 9800 Pro easily and flawlessly overclocks to 6500 3DMark2003 with the
Omega drivers. But, I don't bother to use it overclocked because it's
already way fast enough for any application I run or can image I will run in
the next year.

Old August 23rd 03, 08:42 AM
BoroLad

In article , says...
[...]

GoTo:
http://omegacorner.com/

Ignore the 'popups', it's a free service! Read and utilise the
information on ATi / BIOS settings / help / O/S / etc the info they
contain is very very beneficial to both newbies and expeienced users
alike.

Use the 'omega's ' they give total control in the one driver package and
do NOT

-install the ATi Control Panel,
-switch on ' fastwrites ',
-or use any other third party ' tweaking ' tools, they are not usually
needed and negate/corrupt the benefit of the driver set.

You will need to un-install your
"Have downloaded some utilities for that, but the changed o.c.-settings"

to make the best of the 'omega' set. Remember these drivers are a
'gamers' set not a 'benchies' set, I can guarentee you will not regret
using them!

Hope this helps,

BoroLad