Easy Share and XP SP2

Old October 9th 04, 03:29 AM
Greg

Default Easy Share and XP SP2

Has anyone figured a fix for "EasyShare" not able to connect to server after
installing SP2 to Windoze XP?
It was working with XP SP1. Reinstalling ATI drivers and software does not
work. MS tech support "fixes" take a lot of trial and error and still no
connection.

Old October 9th 04, 08:21 AM
johns

Turn that firewall off. You ought to see it screw up
network printing ... those are shares too.

johns

Old October 9th 04, 09:25 AM
monkey_with_a_chainsaw

Has anyone figured a fix for "EasyShare" not able to connect to server
after
installing SP2 to Windoze XP?
It was working with XP SP1. Reinstalling ATI drivers and software does not
work. MS tech support "fixes" take a lot of trial and error and still no
connection.

Have you tried disabling the Windows Firewall?

Old October 9th 04, 02:17 PM
Greg

Tried turning firewall off. Tried turning on all permissions. Every other
network related thing works including my shared internet, just no EasyShare.

"monkey_with_a_chainsaw"
Ehotmail.com wrote in
message ...

Old October 9th 04, 02:20 PM
Greg

Firewall off, no EasyShare. And my network works great for everything else
including printing and internet sharing. Also I should add that the
EasyShare server "sees" the clients but the clients can't find the server.

Old October 9th 04, 07:46 PM
Les

I have exactly the same problem with my ATI AIW. EasyShare worked fine
before SP2.
I also have a Nebula DigiTV and it does work across the network with
firewalls on after opening the appropriate port
It looks like ATI need to come up with a fix for this.

Les