Motherboard Opinion Soyo P41-845PE

Old May 8th 04, 03:39 AM
Moderately Confused

Default Motherboard Opinion Soyo P41-845PE

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm thinking
about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=S450-2133

It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT technology,
etc. This is from the Soyo website:

http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192

So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
with it?

Thanks for your input,

MC

Old May 11th 04, 05:47 AM
dennis e strausser jr

Much to say,, I have.

Don't buy off of Tiger Direct, a friend of mine did, and got a bad MB
(Motherboard.)
Don't goto pricegrabber either, I don't suggest going to newegg.com, but I
buy off of them.
So you might as well.
Or buy off of some1 on ebay, it's how I got myself a Asus PC-DL Deluxe
Socket 604 Pin Xeon (Dual)
Don't buy Soyo, I've got a soyo board that has no chipset fan, and the thing
locks up way before I even get close to
hitting the max Point of the P4. (Overclocking that is.)
I suggest either Gigabyte http://www.giga-byte.com or http://www.asus.com
or an abit
One more board, I was reading in MaxPc that the MSI P4 Boards are really
nice, but I'm not sure on Overclocking.

hope this helps,, I do.
Denny. :-)

"Moderately Confused" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm

thinking
about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ls.asp?EdpNo=6
02194&sku=S450-2133

Old May 23rd 04, 05:55 AM
tom

I don't have a clue about overclocking it. I bought 4 of them from Tiger. I
got them with celeron 2.7 ghz processors. They have been running several
weeks. Two are office workstations. Two are gamers for teenagers. No
problems so far. I don't know if you can run am 800 bus processor with them.
I would like to find out for when they get cheaper. I have never gotten bad
products from Tiger. However, they are notorious about not honoring their
rebates.

Old May 25th 04, 02:09 AM
Moderately Confused

"Moderately Confused" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm

thinking
about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ls.asp?EdpNo=6
02194&sku=S450-2133

It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT

technology,
etc. This is from the Soyo website:

http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192

So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
with it?

Thanks for your input,

MC

Ok, I finally got it up and running now, with a P4 2.8 ghz 800 mhz fsb
processor. I haven't had time to tweak anything yet, I'm still finishing up
reinstalling everything because of the clean Windows install I did.
My only problem so far was that in order to get the chip to run at 800
mhz, I had to clear the CMOS. Before I did that it wouldn't let the ram run
at 400 mhz, limiting my clock speed to 1.8 ghz. One other little thing that
I found was that Windows System Information reports the clock speed as
"37826 MHz". I can only wish...

MC

Old May 26th 04, 05:58 AM
tom

Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one or
two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.

Old May 26th 04, 11:44 AM
Moderately Confused

"tom" wrote in message

Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one

or
two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.

It runs great at 800MHz FSB. You need PC3200 Ram to do it with this board,
and you need to reset the CMOS to get the board to be able to "see" the Ram
at 400MHz. I still haven't tried to overclock it yet, though.

MC

Opinion on motherboard kit Martin General 7 December 1st 04 09:38 AM
Help - I Need Opinion on SOYO Techaid [email protected] General 0 November 4th 04 10:38 AM
Need Opinion on SOYO Techaid [email protected] General 1 November 2nd 04 08:04 PM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 01:40 AM