Radeon 9800 Pro, Xp 2400,266mhz,1 gig pc2100 ram, this a good setup ?

Old May 23rd 04, 02:49 AM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Default Radeon 9800 Pro, Xp 2400,266mhz,1 gig pc2100 ram, this a good setup ?

Radeon 9800 Pro, Xp 2400,266mhz,1 gig pc2100 ram, this a good setup ?

Will the 9800 pro use all its power, or should i just stick to the
9600 Pro worth the upgrade to the 9800 Pro ?

Thanks.
Old May 24th 04, 12:41 AM
Wayne Youngman

"Cuzman" wrote
What motherboard do you have?

I think he has an ageing ASUS A7A266.

We Live for the One we Die for the One: The price difference between the
9600XT and the 9800Pro is now very small.
--
Wayne ][

Old May 24th 04, 02:45 AM
Phil Weldon

Eventually we'll reach the point the rest of a computer is thrown in as a
freebie when one buys a display adapter!

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

Old May 24th 04, 12:21 PM
Wayne Youngman

"Phil Weldon" wrote
Eventually we'll reach the point the rest of a computer is thrown in as a
freebie when one buys a display adapter!

Indeed!
I feel a bit sorry for this kid, he has been *theorising* over an upgrade
for about 9 months, but you can never get ahead of the *joneses* as new
things are always creeping out.

If the O.P has a 9600XT, XP2400+, 1GB of PC2100 and an ASUS A7A266 I think
that's a nice enough system, I built something similar for my Brother in
February except I used an ABIT AN7 + 512MB of Crucial PC3200, so instead of
running the XP2400+ @15x133 it is running at 11x200, of course the extra
FSB/Mem MHz really helps.

From my limited recent game playing experience I find it hard to tell the
difference between the 9800 and the 9600XT while running say 1024x768 res.
Of course I can see the difference in benchmarks!
--
Wayne ][

Old May 24th 04, 01:21 PM
Phil Weldon

Yeah, and who can actually SEE 500 frames per second, or even 200 frames per
second for that matter, and as if any monitor could DISPLAY 200 frames per
second!

--
[...]

From my limited recent game playing experience I find it hard to tell the