HP Officejet v-40

Old June 22nd 04, 06:03 AM
Mr Nobody

Default HP Officejet v-40

The printer was mistakenly "deleted" in the printers section of the control
panel on a Win 98SE machine. It should have been "uninstalled"using
provided uninstaller. The mistake has been made however.
Trying to reinstall with the CD gets a Error message that indicates it is
already installed. Yet all appropriate files and reg entries are removed.

Question is how to get it to reinstall. HP customer service has taken us
through the manual uninstall process (2 hours on the phone with some guy who
doesn't speak good English) and finally when the process didn't work, the
tech said we must have a virus, and need to do a virus scan. I told him it
didn't have a virus, but he would go no further until we did a virus scan.
That scan has been done with Norton and there are no virus. I am reluctant
to contact them again, since they used the virus as a "cop out" I still get
the message that the software is already installed when the CD is installed
and when I click on OK there are no other options. There must be a file or
entry somewhere that the CD sees, and just needs to be deleted.

Does anybody have any experience with this situation or similar event?? Any
help would be appreciated to get this device removed so that I can reinstall
it properly.

Thanks in advance
Mr Nobody

Old June 22nd 04, 06:32 AM
Bob Headrick

"Mr Nobody" wrote in message
The printer was mistakenly "deleted" in the printers section of the control
panel on a Win 98SE machine. It should have been "uninstalled"using
provided uninstaller. The mistake has been made however.
Trying to reinstall with the CD gets a Error message that indicates it is
already installed. Yet all appropriate files and reg entries are removed.

You might try downloading the newer driver and installing that. You can
download the driver at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&cc =us&os=20

Regards,