"Best" medium price inkjet for phtotographer?

Old September 24th 03, 10:50 PM

Default "Best" medium price inkjet for phtotographer?

I know this topic is a bit subjective, but I would appreciate a few
expert opinions on what inkjet printers in the $300-500 category offer
the "best" balance of print quality, longevity and running cost.

I am an amatuer photogrpaher who wants to sell 5x7 prints to the
general public.

Thank you for your reply.

Peter Nielsen
Old September 25th 03, 12:11 AM
Safetymom123

Old September 25th 03, 02:51 AM
The village idiot

"Safetymom123" wrote in
m:

The Epson Photo 1280. It is $399 or $349 at www.atlex.com
wrote in message

I know this topic is a bit subjective, but I would appreciate a few
expert opinions on what inkjet printers in the $300-500 category offer
the "best" balance of print quality, longevity and running cost.

I am an amatuer photogrpaher who wants to sell 5x7 prints to the
general public.

Thank you for your reply.

Peter Nielsen

If you really only want up to 8 inches wide, you should look at the C84 from
Epson. The C84 uses their newer dura-brite pigment inks. Or you could look at
the 2200 (I think), which also uses their pigment inks. Or you could buy one
of the dye based printers, and use pigment inks from a third party. I have
been using Generations inks from http://www.mediastreet.com for several years
with my 1520. And I recently started to use their newest Generations pigment
ink in my Epson pro9500 with great success.

Old September 25th 03, 11:24 AM
Steve Dell

Check out the Canon i950. it retails for $250 or so but you will like it.
Also check the Epson 960.

Old September 25th 03, 12:02 PM
Faolan

In article ,
says...

I know this topic is a bit subjective, but I would appreciate a few
expert opinions on what inkjet printers in the $300-500 category offer
the "best" balance of print quality, longevity and running cost.

I am an amatuer photogrpaher who wants to sell 5x7 prints to the
general public.

Thank you for your reply.

Peter Nielsen

I asked a similar question a few days ago in regards to longevity of
inks you can find that thread he

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K32762106

Essentially you are looking around 30-40 years for Canon i950 and 80-90
years for the Epson 2100(2200), both using recommended own brand inks
and papers.

In the end I choose the i950 due to cost and the fact I don't need A3 at
the moment. Plus the prints will last long enough for me.
Old September 25th 03, 12:26 PM
Angelsoft

ha scritto nel messaggio

I know this topic is a bit subjective, but I would appreciate a few
expert opinions on what inkjet printers in the $300-500 category offer
the "best" balance of print quality, longevity and running cost.

I am an amatuer photogrpaher who wants to sell 5x7 prints to the
general public.

Thank you for your reply.

Peter Nielsen

Read this review about Canon i865