Epson 880 drivers

Old August 8th 03, 12:22 PM

Default Epson 880 drivers

If your printer is working and you aren't having any problems then I
wouldn't bother.

"Tel" wrote in message
Hi

I have an Epson Color 880, running under Win 98SE.

My current driver is V6.02, came with the printer.

I see on the Epson site that the current driver is V6.0c.

Question. Is it worth downloading this driver? The size is 7.1MB and I
only have a dial up modem, not ADSL. Is this upgrade actually worth the
time involved?

Tel

Old August 10th 03, 10:29 AM
Tel

Thanks for that - I won't bother then. 6.02 is working just fine, so I
will carry on with it.

Tel

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
. ca...
Here's what Epson says:

Printer Driver v6.0cA

Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95
SC8809X60CA.EXE - 7.1MB - posted on 01/15/01
This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Stylus Color 880 / 880i / 8
Cubed Printer Driver v 6.0cA for Windows 95/ Windows 98 / Windows Me.
This driver includes support for Windows Millenium Edition and corrects
an issue which may cause the software installation process to stop
responding..

So unless you are using it with Windows ME, or you had some problems
with installation stopping, it probably has no advantage to you. I am
using version 6.02 myself. Works fine.

Art