Direct X9

Old July 27th 03, 08:19 PM
Bill

Default Direct X9

Is DirectX9 a hardware or driver issue? I am thinking of getting a Ti4600
but apparently it does not support version 9. If not which NVIDIA card
supports V9

Thanks

Bill

Old July 27th 03, 08:47 PM
Brad

It supports DX9 just fine, it just doesn't accelerate any new DX9 features
(newer revisions of pixel and vertex shaders, etc). The FX series
"supports" in hardware DX9. Many games being released for DX9 don't really
need DX9 hardware to run, such as GTA:VC, since in most respects they are
little different from DX8 games.

Old July 27th 03, 10:51 PM

Direct X 9.0 functionality within games with specific Direct X 9.0 written
in them (features) are supported only by the FX NVIDIA series cards. If you
have a game which supports Direct X 9.0 and you have an older card like a Ti
series card you'll be able to play the game but special features of Direct X
9.0 written into the game are only visable with Direct X 9.0 supported
hardware video cards.

regards

Old July 28th 03, 11:02 AM
magnulus

Not every DirectX 9 game (will) have DirectX 9 graphics features. Most
DirectX 8 games, after all, didn't require you to have a pixel or vertex
shader graphic card.

Old July 28th 03, 01:39 PM
aep@nospam writeme.com

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:10:52 +0200, wrote:

Rise of Nations requires DX9.

Must be some weird Microsoft thing.

DirectX is not just Direct3D.

Andrew.

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
Direct CD on DVDs - it kind of sucks [email protected] General 0 April 15th 04 11:05 AM
Curious Direct CD problem Karl Engel Cdr 1 January 11th 04 03:00 AM
Uninstalling Direct CD hlee Cdr 9 November 12th 03 04:25 AM
P4 2.80c And Direct 3D errors Golgatha Ati Videocards 5 October 6th 03 01:26 AM