Worth the extra money for faster money for non-overclocking?

Old July 16th 03, 08:17 PM
SunTsu

Default Worth the extra money for faster money for non-overclocking?

Hello,

I have:
Intel D865PERLK
Intel 3.0 GHz 800MHz FSB

I just bought some memory, but I am thinking maybe I should return it and
save some money. Basically, my choices are (from the cheapest place where I
live):
2 x 512 Megs of Kingston Value RAM CAS 3 at $135 per stick = $270 for 1 Gig
2 x 512 Megs of Corsair CAS 2 at $169 per stick = $338 for 1 Gig

I don't plan to overclock...well I can't given my motherboard. So does
anyone have any benchmarks or know of any that show whether the change from
CAS 3 to CAS 2 is worth the extra $70?

Thanks.

Old July 16th 03, 08:37 PM
Manda Luyong

Have you ever considered Kingston HyperX. I have (2) 512 HyperX 3500 on my
D865PERLL and they work great. It's even cheaper than the Value RAM that
you mentioned. I got my RAM at Fry's for $120 per stick.
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3518564

. ..

Old July 17th 03, 02:17 AM
Ixnei

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:17:50 +0000, SunTsu wrote:

Hello,

I have:
Intel D865PERLK
Intel 3.0 GHz 800MHz FSB

I just bought some memory, but I am thinking maybe I should return it and
save some money. Basically, my choices are (from the cheapest place where I
live):
2 x 512 Megs of Kingston Value RAM CAS 3 at $135 per stick = $270 for 1 Gig
2 x 512 Megs of Corsair CAS 2 at $169 per stick = $338 for 1 Gig

I don't plan to overclock...well I can't given my motherboard. So does
anyone have any benchmarks or know of any that show whether the change from
CAS 3 to CAS 2 is worth the extra $70?

Sorry, what was your question about Asus? I saw you also posted this in
overclocking, which is almost as bad as posting here (since Intel mobo's
are locked).

--
We HAVE been at war with Iraq for 13 years now, bombing their
country on at least a weekly basis.