A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Printers
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

HP 2540 Printer Cuts off Bottom Lines of Text

Old March 12th 16, 03:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
We Shall Over Comb
external usenet poster

Default HP 2540 Printer Cuts off Bottom Lines of Text

I'm at a loss about this..... with Canon printers I have used in the past, I can compile a list addresses in a word or excel file, adjust the margins so that one address prints per page, then load postcards in the printer and print the addresses on each one. It takes some lining up the first time, but after I have the template, it's very easy for me to do this instead of using an addressing program.

Anyway, when I use the same file with a HP 2540, it cuts off about 1/4-inch of the address, which is usually the address and city/state/zip.

Anyone know what the problem could be? Maybe it has to do with how close the last line is to the bottom edge of the card? If that's the case, I can't use this printer unless I rotate the text 90 degrees.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has solved this problem with this series HP. Thanks.

Old March 12th 16, 07:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
We Shall Over Comb
external usenet poster

No need to respond to this. This printer is not capable of printing 4x6 card stock. I ended up having to format the addresses for printing on envelope and got the placement right, but It jams or prints crooked. Prints fine with 8.5x11 only.

"We Shall Over Comb" wrote in message ...
I'm at a loss about this..... with Canon printers I have used in the past, I can compile a list addresses in a word or excel file, adjust the margins so that one address prints per page, then load postcards in the printer and print the addresses on each one. It takes some lining up the first time, but after I have the template, it's very easy for me to do this instead of using an addressing program.

Anyway, when I use the same file with a HP 2540, it cuts off about 1/4-inch of the address, which is usually the address and city/state/zip.

Anyone know what the problem could be? Maybe it has to do with how close the last line is to the bottom edge of the card? If that's the case, I can't use this printer unless I rotate the text 90 degrees.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has solved this problem with this series HP. Thanks.

Old March 28th 16, 06:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney
external usenet poster

"Martin Ī¤rautmann" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:23:38 -0800, We Shall Over Comb wrote:
No need to respond to this. This printer is not capable of printing 4x6 card stock. I ended up having to format the addresses for printing on envelope and got the placement right, but It jams or prints crooked. Prints fine with 8.5x11 only.

So here's the 2540 or 2450 of your other thread?

- MArtin

Yes, whatever the number was -- it's in the landfill now.