Is this the place to get help with PPD problems?

Old August 15th 14, 12:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Eli the Bearded

Default Is this the place to get help with PPD problems?

I took a PPD file from a recent HPLIP and want it to work with CUPS on
MacOSX 10.5.8. It's not as simple as just using the "provide a PPD" link
in the CUPS interface. That just gets me errors.

The printer is this HP Officejet 7110:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...roduct=5327475

(And not this HP Officejet 7110:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&product=91472
Why did they reuse the number? I have no idea.)

First I started to get filter not found error messages, correcting to
use the full path then gets "corrupt Nickname" error messages. I found
source code that generates that message and I see that gutenprint
(pretty sure) expects a version number to appear in the Nickname field.
Editing the PPD to put in a version number gets me a new and different
error.

At this point I start to wonder if there is a better way. So, is this a
problem I can get help with here?

Elijah
------
a pox on HP for reusing model numbers on completely different printers