i560 on plain paper, uses black?

Old December 1st 03, 06:23 PM

Default i560 on plain paper, uses black?

I'm looking at the i560 (instead of the i860) for cost reasons. I know that
it won't use the black pigment ink on photo paper, but will it use the black
pigment ink on regular plain paper (for graphics and pictures on plain
paper), or mix CYM on plain paper as well?

Old December 1st 03, 07:25 PM
Mark

Canon told me the that the printer uses the black pigment ink when the Media
Type is set to Plain Paper. All other modes use a composite black.

Grayscale mode will print color docs in B&W. Combine it with Plain Paper
mode and you will save your color inks.

Old December 3rd 03, 09:02 AM
Morgan Ohlson

"Mark" skrev i meddelandet
Canon told me the that the printer uses the black pigment ink when the

Media
Type is set to Plain Paper. All other modes use a composite black.

Grayscale mode will print color docs in B&W. Combine it with Plain Paper
mode and you will save your color inks.

wrote in message

news
I'm looking at the i560 (instead of the i860) for cost reasons. I know

that
it won't use the black pigment ink on photo paper, but will it use the

black
pigment ink on regular plain paper (for graphics and pictures on plain
paper), or mix CYM on plain paper as well?

But hasn't i560 the 4-color system and i865 the 5-color? Wrong!?

Practical issues, like this one determines a lot of the costs for every day
use, drafts etc. It's a shame that magazines and other reviewers almost
never look into this.

I have an old Epson stylus color 400 (1black + 1color cartridge) from
around -95.
If I remember right it, in some settings choose to print grey scales, also
in a bl /w-mode whith colors. This is very annoying if color i running low.

I believe that the printer uses more ink when...
a) cleaning printer heads
b) clogged nozzels demand re-cleaning and re-printing (and a new paper).
.....compared to normal printing

Some days ago I concluded that the Eps 400 has made somwhere around 8000
copies for me. (60%drafts, 30%hq-text and 10%pictures).
But the feeling is that around 50% of all ink is in the paper basket (a and
b).

One of the Epson original ink cartridges was so bad it almost ****ed the
printer nozzles totally. Ink vary in quality, original too!

I don't think the Eps 400 is worse then other printers, but I think it's a
real waste that cleaning black nozzles drain color too.
The manufacturers should make the drivers so that they also explain exactly
what they do.

Morgan O.