HP Printer Toolbox

Old October 18th 14, 01:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David E. Ross

Default HP Printer Toolbox

Windows 7 (x64)
HP Color LaserJet CP1215

Earlier this year, the Toolbox application for my printer stopped
working. The Toolbox window opens, but it does not identify any "Known
Printers".

I am able to print okay without any problems. However, I cannot use the
Toolbox to see my toner status, to change alerts, or to initiate color
calibration.

I think the problem resulted from a Windows 7 update. However, I
uninstalled all the updates back to when I last successfully used the
Toolbox; but that did not fix the problem.

Does anyone here know how to fix this or know of an application that
might replace the Toolbox.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html.
Old October 19th 14, 01:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David E. Ross

On 10/17/2014 5:02 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
Windows 7 (x64)
HP Color LaserJet CP1215

Earlier this year, the Toolbox application for my printer stopped
working. The Toolbox window opens, but it does not identify any "Known
Printers".

I am able to print okay without any problems. However, I cannot use the
Toolbox to see my toner status, to change alerts, or to initiate color
calibration.

I think the problem resulted from a Windows 7 update. However, I
uninstalled all the updates back to when I last successfully used the
Toolbox; but that did not fix the problem.

Does anyone here know how to fix this or know of an application that
might replace the Toolbox.

By the way, I know I can get the toner status by printing a "Supplies
Status" page. However, that consumes paper and even more toner. Also,
if one toner cartridge is empty, the printer will refuse to print the
page even if the empty cartridge is not needed for printing.

hp-toolbox problem FelixK Printers 0 November 6th 09 04:42 PM
OfficeJet 7310, no toolbox Andrew Rossmann Printers 2 January 10th 09 06:04 PM
HP1100d Toolbox Jim Higgins Printers 4 May 11th 06 03:06 AM
HP PSC 2510 Toolbox Bug tacker Printers 0 April 9th 05 12:41 PM
toolbox for HP 932c Brian Cloutier Printers 1 April 1st 04 06:02 PM