Enabling Bluetooth on a Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook

Old April 12th 05, 04:19 AM
Mike

Default Enabling Bluetooth on a Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook

We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to enable
Bluetooth,
but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
there's a Bluetooth icon in the
system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
software installed in
c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
working.
There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when clicked
on,, so we can't confrigure any
Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
phone.

Thanks,

Mike

Old April 12th 05, 04:50 AM
larry

Look at the instructions for the cell phone for synching up to another
Bluetooth device.

I just went through this with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & mouse that has
the hub. Getting it to find and synch up with a Logitech cordless headset
(used for cell phone too) was not easy and took a bit of effort and repeated
attempts.

From what I've read, it isn't a given that all Bluetooth stuff will work
with each other.

Good luck! It's cool once you get it working...

Old April 12th 05, 07:06 AM
Time Teamer

"Mike" wrote in message
We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
enable Bluetooth,
but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
there's a Bluetooth icon in the
system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
software installed in
c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
working.
There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
phone.

Thanks,

Mike

on my M60 (which came preset) it went as follows

1. Make phone Bluetooth LIVE (in Connection settings under Options or
something similar)
2. On Dell, right mouse click Bluetooth in System Tray. Under the
Accessibility tab tick the "Let other Bluetooth devices discover this
computer" Apply
3. Under Discovery tab, tick "Look for other Bluetooth devices", Apply Close
window.
4. Right click Bluetooth in System Tray, select Explore My Bluetooth Places,
left window, click View devices in range.

If non of this works then the Bluetooth then you need to use the Bluetooth
setup Wizard use Windoz Help

dj

Old April 13th 05, 12:38 AM
Mike

I'll get the instruction manual for the cell phone.
When I right click on the Bluetooth icon in the the control panel
nothing comes up.

I'll try again.

Thanks,

Mike

Old April 13th 05, 12:04 PM
Mike

I need to get documentation for the Bluetooth enabled cell phone.
Which application does the cell link to, via Bluetooth, on the notebook?
Besides using cell phone as a modem what are other benefits of linking cell
phone to notebook?

Mike

Old April 13th 05, 06:20 PM
Time Teamer

NON, I have sent a few backdrop pics. My T68i is limited as to the size and
type of files it will accept.

Phones that accept MP3 (music) files by Bluetooth are more useful for
ringtones etc

dj

Old April 13th 05, 10:07 PM
larry

Check the website of the phone maker. I have a Nokia that uses infrared to
link to an application they give you. Backup your phone numbers, etc.
These days I guess you could download ringtones, picture, backgrounds, etc.
Mine isn't that up to date.

BWT, what kind of phone is it?

Old April 17th 05, 03:03 PM
Mike

What's been very frustrating is the Dell Bluetooth Help files do not match
what I see in Control Panel. At this point,
I believe I have enough info on the phone side. It's a Cingular T637.
This was helpful.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/download...era_R1a_AE.pdf

Mike