Recommended PCI card (not pcie) for Dell 2400

Old July 1st 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charlie[_3_]

Default Recommended PCI card (not pcie) for Dell 2400

Currently have a FX5500 / 256M and am trying to determine which other
Nvidia chipset PCI cards are available. I have found a GeForce 6200 PCI
card. I suppose it might outperform my currently installed
FX5500?

TIA
Charlie

Old July 1st 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

Slightly.

--
---------------------
DaveW

Old July 2nd 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Charlie" wrote in message
Currently have a FX5500 / 256M and am trying to determine which other
Nvidia chipset PCI cards are available. I have found a GeForce 6200 PCI
card. I suppose it might outperform my currently installed
FX5500?

About the only real decent performer in PCI is this...X1550 Pro with 450Mhz
Core and 520 Mhz memory. And yes, it actually is a PCI card and not PCIe.
Way above and beyond the 6200PCI
http://www.diamondmm.com/X1550PRO256P.php

Old July 2nd 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Currently have a FX5500 / 256M and am trying to determine which other
Nvidia chipset PCI cards are available.

Although it's pretty obvious, the card I mentioned is not Nvida powered, but
ATI. The best 6200PCI card out there is likely this one, but it's still way
below the X1550 Pro.
http://www2.bfgtech.com/bfgr62256ocp.aspx

Old July 3rd 07, 02:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charlie[_3_]

Thanks Augustus ..found the x1550 Pro card on Amazon for $99.
Will be here Friday.

Charlie

Old July 3rd 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Charlie" wrote in message
Thanks Augustus ..found the x1550 Pro card on Amazon for $99.
Will be here Friday.

Charlie

Glad to help