9500pro crashes HELP!

Old July 17th 03, 10:07 AM
wired and confused

I use to get these errors lots no matter how many new installs i would try
so I tried a dual boot os xp and win98 and problem is gone. All my games
that give this problem opengl are installed on the win98 and then booted to
xp and run the games while in xp no more errors.Its like part of the game is
runnin in 98 but I dont know could be a xp drivers are inconpatible so these
games are still using windows folder on the 98 system folder and thats why
they still run in xp. I been stable ever since never have any problems
completely 100% stable.
"Doug G." wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Update - still got the infinite loop bug on July 4th. I had my buddy

here
with his 2 college age sons. And here's the funny thing - 4 of us in

the
room when it happened. Of the 4, 3 (including me) have the problem.

All of
us run XP. Of the 3 that have the infinite loop problem, 2 have an ATI
Radeon and one has an NVidia GeForce 4. After all the cases I've seen

all
around the Internet, it appears that lots of people are experiencing

this
issue and no vendors are addressing it. I've seen the petition, but I'm

not
going to submit my email address - I get enough SPAM as it is. Why

hasn't
the computer press picked up on this?

I think that pretty much rules out hardware issues. But to be sure, I

bit
the bullet and reimaged my machine with an image from 5/30/03. I do

full
backups by using Ghost to image the hard drive. By reimaging I am

putting
the machine back into a previous software state. If I don't see the bug
again, I know it's software/drivers.

Check out this article
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64

It is four pages long, and applies to all chip sets, not just VIA.

Doug