A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » General Hardware
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

External HDD Issue

Old November 29th 07, 01:14 PM

First recorded activity by HardwareBanter: Nov 2007
Question External HDD Issue

I've got a SQL server that uses an external HDD to do backup/transaction logs. The drive specifically has to be the "I" drive in order for the scripts to run.

All was working fine untill I replaced the 5 external drives with new ones. Same size, same brand, different enclosure.

Now whenever I plug the drives in, they do not get an assigned drive letter. The only way the server will see them is if I go into "Manage your computer" and then assign the drive the proper letter.

This is one of those: I've never seen that before.

Do you guys have any ideas?