External HDD Issue

Old November 29th 07, 01:14 PM
Rick1 Rick1 is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA
Question External HDD Issue

I've got a SQL server that uses an external HDD to do backup/transaction logs. The drive specifically has to be the "I" drive in order for the scripts to run.

All was working fine untill I replaced the 5 external drives with new ones. Same size, same brand, different enclosure.

Now whenever I plug the drives in, they do not get an assigned drive letter. The only way the server will see them is if I go into "Manage your computer" and then assign the drive the proper letter.

This is one of those: I've never seen that before.

Do you guys have any ideas?
Bikinis Massivhaus

External HDD Issue Rick1 General 0 November 13th 07 08:17 AM
USB External Hard Drive Issue okgeek Storage (alternative) 0 July 27th 07 05:05 PM
Heat an issue for External disk? jjsmithin Storage & Hardrives 0 February 10th 05 11:42 PM
External hard drive - is speed an issue? Steve Dell Computers 3 October 16th 03 09:03 PM
External HD - is speed an issue? Steve Storage (alternative) 2 October 14th 03 11:23 PM