Cannot connect my tv to nvidia Geforce 8800 GT card

Old February 26th 08, 06:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jerry Manner

Default Cannot connect my tv to nvidia Geforce 8800 GT card

Hi

I have a new system ( windows Vista) with Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
graphics card. The card has a tv-out to connect my tv to the pc. If I
look into the software of nvidia I cannot find anything to switch on
the tv mode or whatsoever. I have searched the forums at nvidia itself
but no clear reason for this.

Has anyone experience the same and solve this problem?

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system which I want to connect to a
'regular' tv. From my pc I am using a s-video cable which is connected
to a coax cable. This cable is connected to the video input on my tv.
This setup has worked perfectly with my previous pc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Old February 27th 08, 01:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
JLC

"Jerry Manner" wrote in message
Hi

I have a new system ( windows Vista) with Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
graphics card. The card has a tv-out to connect my tv to the pc. If I
look into the software of nvidia I cannot find anything to switch on
the tv mode or whatsoever. I have searched the forums at nvidia itself
but no clear reason for this.

Has anyone experience the same and solve this problem?

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system which I want to connect to a
'regular' tv. From my pc I am using a s-video cable which is connected
to a coax cable. This cable is connected to the video input on my tv.
This setup has worked perfectly with my previous pc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

A few months ago a person posted the same problem you are having. It's the
coax cable that is problem. Does your TV not have a s-video input? Or is it
because you think you can't use an s-video cable for a long run? I advised
him to try just using the s-video cable and it worked. You can buy long
s-video cables very cheap online. Here's where I buy all my cables and I've
never been disappointed. http://www.buyextras.com Also make sure your TV is
on and set to the right input before you turn on your PC, that helps. I also
use a very handy program called "TV Tool" this program is much easer to use
than Nvidia control panel. Good Luck, JLC

Old February 27th 08, 06:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jerry Manner

On 27 feb, 02:25, "JLC" jc@nospam wrote:
[...]

than Nvidia control panel. Good Luck, JLC- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

Thank you for responding.

Is the coax cable also the reason why I don't see the option in the
nvidia software to clone the tv or enable tv mode? The tv has a video
input, it does not say s-video input. The input on the tv does not
have a 4 pin plug like the s-video input on my pc. Does that matter?
Could the problem also be that I have Windows Vista?

I was under the assumption that this setup should work, because my
previous pc also had a s-video input and I used the same cable ( pc --
s-video cable -- coax cable -- tv) to connect to my tv and that

worked perfectly.

Regards
Old February 27th 08, 03:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

never been disappointed.http://www.buyextras.com=A0Also make sure your TV =

[...]

By coax do you mean that you are using an s-video to composite converter and
then running that to the TV? There should be a place in the control panel of
the Nvidia card that allows you to force TV detection.

Even though a composite cable is considered a coaxial type cable, its not what
most people consider coax, most here consider coax as the black 75ohm RF cable
that is uses for cable tv or antenna hookups.
Old February 27th 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jerry Manner

On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
[...]

that is uses for cable tv or antenna hookups.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

From the video card on the pc I have a s-video small cable( 4 pin, 2
feet) that is connected to a long coax cable (about 20 feet). This
coax cable is connected to the video input on the tv.

In the control panel of the tv I dont see any partthat allows me to
force tv detection. That is the weird thing. Someone told me that when
I connect the s-video to the pc I should hear a sound ( meaning that
the pc has recognized the cable).

I live in the Netherlands and don't know if there is a different
between a coax cable here or where you come from. On the cable is
written coaxial cable rg-59u of bandridge.

Hope you can help me out
Old February 27th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

In article , Jerry Manner wrote:
On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
In article .=

com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 02:25, "JLC" jc@nospam wrote:
"Jerry Manner" wrote in message

...=

Hi

I have a new system ( windows Vista) with Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
graphics card. The card has a tv-out to connect my tv to the pc. If I=

look into the software of nvidia I cannot find anything to switch on
the tv mode or whatsoever. I have searched the forums at nvidia itsel=

but no clear reason for this.

Has anyone experience the same and solve this problem?

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system which I want to connect to a
'regular' tv. From my pc I am using a s-video cable which is connecte=

to a coax cable. This cable is connected to the video input on my tv.=

This setup has worked perfectly with my previous pc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

A few months ago a person posted the same problem you are having. It's =

the=3D

coax cable that is problem. Does your TV not have a s-video input? Or i=

s i=3D
because you think you can't use an s-video cable for a long run? I advi=

sed=3D

him to try just using the s-video cable and it worked. You can buy long=

s-video cables very cheap online. Here's where I buy all my cables and =

I'v=3D
never been disappointed.http://www.buyextras.com=3DA0Alsomake sure your=

TV =3D
is
on and set to the right input before you turn on your PC, that helps. I=

al=3D
so
use a very handy program called "TV Tool" this program is much easer to=

us=3D
than Nvidia control panel. Good Luck, JLC- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk ber=

ich=3D
t niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

Thank you for responding.

Is the coax cable also the reason why I don't see the option in the
nvidia software to clone the tv or enable tv mode? The tv has a video
input, it does not say s-video input. The input on the tv does not
have a 4 pin plug like the s-video input on my pc. Does that matter?
Could the problem also be that I have Windows Vista?

I was under the assumption that this setup should work, because my
previous pc also had a s-video input and I used the same cable ( =A0pc --=

s-video cable -- coax cable -- tv) to connect to my tv and that
worked perfectly.

Regards

By coax do you mean that you are using an s-video to composite converter =

=A0and
then running that to the TV? There should be a place in the control panel =

of
the Nvidia card that allows you to force TV detection.

Even though a composite cable is considered a coaxial type cable, its not =

what
most people consider coax, most here consider coax as the black 75ohm RF c=

able
that is uses for cable tv or antenna hookups.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk be=

richt niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

=46rom the video card on the pc I have a s-video small cable( 4 pin, 2
feet) that is connected to a long coax cable (about 20 feet). This
coax cable is connected to the video input on the tv.

In the control panel of the tv I dont see any partthat allows me to
force tv detection. That is the weird thing. Someone told me that when
I connect the s-video to the pc I should hear a sound ( meaning that
the pc has recognized the cable).

I live in the Netherlands and don't know if there is a different
between a coax cable here or where you come from. On the cable is
written coaxial cable rg-59u of bandridge.

Hope you can help me out

How are you hooking the RG59U cable to the svideo cable? via some sort of RF
modulator?

RG59U cable is for antennas and cable TV hookups. It is not for baseband video
like composite or s-video is.

So i am ASSuming that you are hooking it up into the TV where your antenna
would hookup?
Old February 27th 08, 07:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jerry Manner

On 27 feb, 19:15, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
In article .=

com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 02:25, "JLC" jc@nospam wrote:
"Jerry Manner" wrote in message

....=

[...]

would hookup? *- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

I am hooking the rg59u cable to the svideo cable through a small
connector ( about 2,5 inches) on both side of this connector the
svideo and coax cable is hooked

The rg59u cable is connected to the video input channel on the tv on
the frontside of the tv. The antenna (like you call it is allways
connected to the tv on the backside. The antenna cable has a different
connector then the coax cablecable.

So I am talking about 2 different cables. The caox cable is not the
antenna I am using for the tv.

By the way this cable I have used with my previous pc to connect to my
tv and that worked perfectly.
Old February 27th 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

In article , Jerry Manner wrote:
On 27 feb, 19:15, (GMAN) wrote:
In article .=

com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
In article =

ps.=3D
com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 02:25, "JLC" jc@nospam wrote:
"Jerry Manner" wrote in message

=

....=3D

Hi

I have a new system ( windows Vista) with Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
graphics card. The card has a tv-out to connect my tv to the pc. I=

f I=3D

look into the software of nvidia I cannot find anything to switch =

on
the tv mode or whatsoever. I have searched the forums at nvidia it=

sel=3D
but no clear reason for this.

Has anyone experience the same and solve this problem?

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system which I want to connect to a
'regular' tv. From my pc I am using a s-video cable which is conne=

cte=3D
to a coax cable. This cable is connected to the video input on my =

tv.=3D

This setup has worked perfectly with my previous pc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

A few months ago a person posted the same problem you are having. It=

's =3D
the=3D3D

coax cable that is problem. Does your TV not have a s-video input? O=

r i=3D
s i=3D3D
because you think you can't use an s-video cable for a long run? I a=

dvi=3D
sed=3D3D

him to try just using the s-video cable and it worked. You can buy l=

ong=3D

s-video cables very cheap online. Here's where I buy all my cables a=

nd =3D
I'v=3D3D
never been disappointed.http://www.buyextras.com=3D3DA0Alsomakesure =

your=3D
TV =3D3D
is
on and set to the right input before you turn on your PC, that helps=

.. I=3D
al=3D3D
so
use a very handy program called "TV Tool" this program is much easer=

to=3D
us=3D3D
than Nvidia control panel. Good Luck, JLC- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk =

ber=3D
ich=3D3D
t niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

Thank you for responding.

Is the coax cable also the reason why I don't see the option in the
nvidia software to clone the tv or enable tv mode? The tv has a video
input, it does not say s-video input. The input on the tv does not
have a 4 pin plug like the s-video input on my pc. Does that matter?
Could the problem also be that I have Windows Vista?

I was under the assumption that this setup should work, because my
previous pc also had a s-video input and I used the same cable ( =3DA0=

pc --=3D

s-video cable -- coax cable -- tv) to connect to my tv and that
worked perfectly.

Regards

By coax do you mean that you are using an s-video to composite converte=

r =3D
=3DA0and
then running that to the TV? There should be a place in the control pan=

el =3D
of
the Nvidia card that allows you to force TV detection.

Even though a composite cable is considered a coaxial type cable, its n=

ot =3D
what
most people consider coax, most here consider coax as the black 75ohm R=

F c=3D
able
that is uses for cable tv or antenna hookups.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk=

be=3D
richt niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

=3D46rom the video card on the pc I have a s-video small cable( 4 pin, 2
[...]

would hookup? =A0- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

I am hooking the rg59u cable to the svideo cable through a small
connector ( about 2,5 inches) on both side of this connector the
svideo and coax cable is hooked

The rg59u cable is connected to the video input channel on the tv on
the frontside of the tv. The antenna (like you call it is allways
connected to the tv on the backside. The antenna cable has a different
connector then the coax cablecable.

So I am talking about 2 different cables. The caox cable is not the
antenna I am using for the tv.

By the way this cable I have used with my previous pc to connect to my
tv and that worked perfectly.

OK, sounds like you are using an s-video to composite converter and using a
composite cable with rca type jacks on the ends. Click on the NVIDIA settings
icon on the bottom taskbar, then NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL then choose SETUP
MULTIPLE DISPLAYS. If the TV is still not being detected you can force it to
detect display.

Old February 28th 08, 07:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jerry Manner

On 27 feb, 23:01, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 19:15, (GMAN) wrote:
In article .=

com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
In article =

ps.=3D
com, Jerry Manner wrote:

[...]

detect display.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

That is the main problem. The part to force tv detection is greyed
out. I cannot use it. It seems like I don't have any cables connected
from the pc to the tv set.
Old February 28th 08, 01:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PhxGrunge

"Jerry Manner" wrote in message
On 27 feb, 23:01, (GMAN) wrote:
In article
, Jerry
Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 19:15, (GMAN) wrote:
In article
.=
com, Jerry Manner wrote:

On 27 feb, 16:14, (GMAN) wrote:
In article
=
ps.=3D
com, Jerry Manner wrote:

[...]

The cable from the PC to the TV must be one cable and one cable only - no
adapters allowed.

The video card does not "see" the s-video connection because your inline
adapter is blocking the signal it needs to initialize it. The video card
must "see" the TV connection thru the s-video cable to the TV direct, or you
can connect a composite cable directly from the video card to the TV, then
the video card will detect the TV.

I don't know what signal the video card looks for on the s-video, but I do
know that on composite, the video card looks for a 75 ohm termination from
the TV before it can initialize TV out.