New Punkbuster probable cause of Battlefield 2 Lag,Stutter,Sound distortion !

Old August 28th 07, 01:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default New Punkbuster probable cause of Battlefield 2 Lag,Stutter,Sound distortion !

Hi,

I checked my Battlefield 2 Full installation folder:

The folder pb contains a new punkbuster version signed 24 august 2007.

It also installs a driver which could be considered a rootkit as well.

This new punkbuster is probably the cause of very bad sound stutter and
possibly lag spikes !

(I have seen many people complain about what they call lag spikes !)

Look for the files:

Battlefield2\PB\PnkBstrB.exe

and

Battlefield2\PB\PnkBstrK.sys

I can't believe these ****ers have the nerve to **** up one of the most
brilliant MP shooters to this date !

ABSOLUTELY ****ING SUX.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 28th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

When I run the uninstall program and test the services it crashes.

Apperently very bug ****.

It generates exceptions which slows down the system a lot, possibly the
cause of the slow downs/stutters.

Bad bad bad ****.

Probably gonna uninstall it and see what happens

Or I am gonna play on punkbuster-free servers.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 28th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Well,

I just played 3 hours of Battlefield 2 non stop with 16 players. (Biggest
non punkbuster server I could find at night).

And absolutely NO LAG, NO SOUND DISTORTION, NADA !!!!!!

I am gonna play Battlefield 2 some more the coming days, weeks, months...
without punkbuster and with more players ?!

I am starting to suspect punkbuster is the cause of the ****ing SOUND
PROBLEMS in BF2 !

It's the only game I play with punkbuster ! And it's the only game with
sound problems this whole ****ing year !

Reason to believe punkbuster could be the cause of sound problems after all:

1. Whole year punkbuster **** actived.

2. New punkbuster crap WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE MAJOR SOUND DISTORTIONS AND
MAJOR STUTTER AND LAG !

3. I read it on website as well that Punkbuster IS KNOWN TO CAUSE SOUND
PROBLEMS IN OTHER GAMES AS WELL !

4. It makes a whole lot of sense ! Punkbuster is doing lots of cpu
possible... and especially these new lower level drivers...

Could cause to much PCI time.. causing elite-pro problems.

Things are not certain yet... only thing I know is that punkbuster definetly
causes major sound problems and stutter.

If it's completely the cause of all sound bugs remains to be seen/tested !

Hehe and I plan to do so !

Bye,
Skybuck.