x64 pro activation removal ?

Old June 11th 05, 07:49 PM
Ed Light

"Randy Howard" wrote

It's not everybody so lucky to have as much money as you have, try to
live
with 200$ a month that's average sallary in my country and than I'll ask
you how much legit software would you have.

Some people don't resort to theft, even when they are short on money.

You would actually do without Windows, then?

Try it for 2 months?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old June 11th 05, 11:24 PM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:49:45 -0700, Ed Light wrote:

"Randy Howard" wrote

It's not everybody so lucky to have as much money as you have, try to
live
with 200$ a month that's average sallary in my country and than I'll ask
you how much legit software would you have.

Some people don't resort to theft, even when they are short on money.

You would actually do without Windows, then?

Try it for 2 months?

Now if you are talking about the windows in my house that's another story,
but the software is virtually worthless to me. I've been without it, well,
forever on my home machines. Went from DOS to OS/2, to Linux. Yeah, I've
got W98 installed on one machine, but only use it to try and duplicate
some other peoples problems. I was forced to use win and support others
on it at work, but here, no way. They'd have to pay me to use it. And it
would have to be more than a few hundred bucks. Come to think of it, I
don't think they could pay me enough, unless they'd let me just set up a
spare machine and run it in the corner connected to nothing.:-)

Old June 12th 05, 12:22 AM
Randy Howard

In article ,
says...
Now if you are talking about the windows in my house that's another story,
but the software is virtually worthless to me.

I'm not enamored with it, but writing software for a number of platforms,
including Windows (much as it would be nice for that to be otherwise,
market share can't be avoided), I use it, but don't like it. XP is
better in a lot of ways than what has gone before it from MS, but it
is still a sieve.

I've been without it, well, forever on my home machines. Went from DOS to
OS/2, to Linux.

I went from various mainframe platforms, to HDOS, to CP/M, to DOS, to
OS/2, to SVR3 and SVR4 UNIX, then Windows (finally gave in), following
by Linux and more recently OS X. Sidetrips for development and porting
purposes to Solaris, *bsd, Xenix, Novell NetWare, Banyan Vines and even
QNX.

So, I don't have the luxury of being a one-size-fits-all person, but
my "do most things from here" system is rapidly becoming a Mac running
Tiger, simply because it's painless with respect to virii and spyware
currently, everything open source is already available for it or
can be compiled easily on it (porting Linux apps over is trivial, as
long as they don't rely on Linux-only stuff like /proc).

The biggest problem is I can't find a decent newsreader for it, so I
wind up vnc'd or rdp'd into another system for that.

Samba, ssh, etc. are all there, so compiling portable code for
multiple platforms from there is as easy as it is from anywhere
else, and it's the newest, largest memory system in the house, so
it makes a good place to run things from.

Yeah, I've got W98 installed on one machine, but only use it to try and
duplicate some other peoples problems.

I no longer bother with even having a test system for Win98, but have
several systems running XP in both x86 and x86-64 flavors.

I was forced to use win and support others on it at work, but here,
no way.

I know what you mean. But, the game market is there, so the kids would
have to mutiny if I banned it completely. As is, I spend more time
keeping their systems clean than I do maintaining all the others
combined.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
"I don't really care about being right you know,
Old June 12th 05, 12:45 AM
Ed Light

Wes, I thought I was asking Randy.

Can't run my train sims on Linux.

It would be ok for internet, I suppose.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old June 12th 05, 12:49 AM
Ed Light

Actually, when you find that 1% of the US population has the same wealth as
the total of the "poorest" 90%, then you wonder why you should feel
duty-bound to make the large corporations richer.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old June 12th 05, 04:22 PM
Jerry McBride

Jokester wrote:

I want to test out the new x64 but forgot about the activation so been on
a search to find a way around or crack of some kind. If you know of
somthing like what im looking for please let me know.

cheers, Jokester

From what I've read about the 64bit version of windows, it's not really
worth the effort. Unless you have programs specificly compiled for using
64bits, there's no improvement. In fact, the 32bit ones run slower...

If you really, really want to see 64bit performance, then grab a 64bit
distribution of Linux. It's really amazing how much faster things are when
running software optimized for 64bits, on 64bit hardware.

--

************************************************** ****************************
Registered Linux User Number 185956
Old June 13th 05, 10:47 AM
Ashp

Ed Light wrote:

Actually, when you find that 1% of the US population has the same wealth as
the total of the "poorest" 90%, then you wonder why you should feel
duty-bound to make the large corporations richer.

So Piracy and/or Communism is the answer to all lifes problems?

Ash.

Old June 13th 05, 12:21 PM
Dave

"Ashp" wrote in message
Ed Light wrote:

Actually, when you find that 1% of the US population has the same wealth
as the total of the "poorest" 90%, then you wonder why you should feel
duty-bound to make the large corporations richer.

So Piracy and/or Communism is the answer to all lifes problems?

Ash.

Communism? Are you a brain dead yank? If you don't rip people off then you
are a communist? Is your name George W Bush? Are you a "wannabe"?

Ash.-hole

Safe PSU removal kony General 3 May 13th 04 07:40 AM
Dell XP reinstall CD Requires Activation? John Smith Dell Computers 7 January 24th 04 06:42 AM
Help! Spyware removal Assistannce! Mz Dell Computers 6 January 5th 04 04:05 AM
New Dell Mobo vs Win XP activation? Thomas M. Goethe Dell Computers 22 January 1st 04 12:17 PM
Dell Policy Forbids Spyware Removal Support whayface Dell Computers 4 December 5th 03 10:50 PM