FSB on AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Old April 25th 05, 08:09 PM
Strings

Your sad, I used to think you were on the ball but not now.
Unlike you and despite your myth-information I never told anyone what to buy
or how much pay, but you know that. I did however provide the links so
readers can see how to purchase a good reliable PS themselves with
education, that would not include your $18 600w un certified box of thin
wires and a plug. I have never seen anyone with so many wild excuse as you
and right too the end you stick to the same stubborn dogma.
Forth time! please support your $18 PS recommendations with top quality
links, not a link to buy but support your misinformation.
Forth time! Why does IBM, HP OR DELL not use $18 thin wire poor capacitors
PS?
Again I ask where is your links to top rated sites that support your
insistence that $18 PS are great and
its all readers need to base their $1000 to $2000 system on??? Its like
buying a million dollar home and putting it on $18 wooden pillar foundation
in a wet area to save money over a $5000 cement foundation, it may work for
short while but trouble awaits. Buy cheep buy twice!
The power supply is the foundation of any quality PC and people should buy
the best one possible for stability and a long reliable life with CPU
certification and quality of parts used inside with ball baring fans and
heavy gauge wire. (NOTE: I never said what to buy or an amount to pay)
Again using one of those junk supplies is OK for you, you gambled an got
lucky (so far) but as a profess expert on PC systems you should know better
than to insist by a sales link that people should consider your posted $18
supply as the only one to choose. Most people are not dumb, so what do you
really think you get for $18 ? TROUBLE in the near future. Please don't
bother to post yet again how you can afford two for the price when most
people don't want the double trouble of two $18 PS but the reliability of
one good one.

Eyes Open

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2005.04.25.17.46.19.337829@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:48:10 +0000, Strings wrote:

Eyes Open,

Well, since you choose not to post properly, and I'm tired of fixing them
for you, I'm just going to comment in this and that will be the last I
will argue with you.

Make sure your supply has
Certified compliant for AMD and Intel Over Voltage Protection Under

Means nothing other than some manufacturer has paid them to test their PSU
on their system and it passed.
Voltage Protection

Don't even know what this means. Overvoltage maybe, ok.

Over Load Protection

I don't know of any modern PSU's that don't. Do you?

Over Current Protection

Current, load? Maybe I've forgotten something since electric shop but this
seems to be a duplicate.

Over Temperature Protection

At $18 a pop, I don't care if it runs til it blows. Still, I think most
also have this, but don't really care.

Short Circuit Protection

Wow, doesn't that cause an overload? Not really a question.

Detective sensor output

Dick Tracy maybe.

Low Noise & Ripple

What's low? It just needs to be low enough. The MB power circuits also
filter this.

Hi-pot tested

Required of all for UL approval I'm told.

Certified EMI Approvals: FCC, UL, CUL, CSA, CE (Minimum

FCC what? Class A or B? In the end, none of these really mean crap except
they've been approved. But a UL (or athority in your country) cert would
be nice.

So why don't you just insist that everyone buy a $200 PC Power and Cooling
PSU? I mean how can a $60 PSU be as good?

For everyone else out there, just be aware that you don't have to spend
this kind of money for a PSU that will run your system. $20 or less will
do it. But if you want to spend $100 or $200 for a PSU, that's ok too.

Old April 25th 05, 11:40 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:52 +0000, Strings wrote:

Your sad, I used to think you were on the ball but not now.
Unlike you and despite your myth-information I never told anyone what to buy
or how much pay, but you know that. I did however provide the links so
readers can see how to purchase a good reliable PS themselves with
education, that would not include your $18 600w un certified box of thin
wires and a plug.

And what makes you think it's unceritified? You've never seen it.. it is
certified.

Forth time! please support your $18 PS recommendations with top quality
links, not a link to buy but support your misinformation.

Last time. I'm not looking for them. I don't know if it's ever been
reviewed and don't care. The link is me. It's been running my A64 system
24/7 for over a year now. That's good enough for me.

Forth time! Why does IBM, HP OR DELL not use $18 thin wire poor
capacitors PS?

Just like you, I don't have a clue wtf they use and don't care either. I
wouldn't buy any of their systems either.

Again I ask where is your links to top rated sites that support your

Why do you feel you need to ask the same question twice in one message?

Buy cheep buy twice!

I wish you would learn how to spell cheap. A bird cheeps.

The power supply is the foundation of any quality PC and people should
buy the best one possible for stability and a long reliable life with
CPU certification and quality of parts used inside with ball baring fans
and heavy gauge wire. (NOTE: I never said what to buy or an amount to
pay)

Well if you never said how much to pay for it, etc., etc., what have all
this been about?

Again using one of those junk supplies is OK for you, you gambled an got
lucky (so far) but as a profess expert on PC systems you should know
better than to insist by a sales link that people should consider your
posted $18 supply as the only one to choose.

Well, I've been gambling with hundreds for years and so far have won
everytime (discounting the batch I paid $2 each for which had a 20%
failure rate). So with those odds sometime you're going to have to admit
that it's not a gamble when you win every time.:-)

Most people are not dumb,

Something else we disagree about. But that's another story.

so what do you really think you get for $18 ?

A PSU that works, and works well.

TROUBLE in the near future.

Not in my experiences as I've pointed out cheap PSU's lasting just as long
as name brand.

Please don't bother to post yet again how you can afford two for the
price when most people don't want the double trouble of two $18 PS but
the reliability of one good one.

Ok I won't. You can buy 11 for the price of 1 that I would call the best.

Eyes Open

And a closed mind.

Old April 25th 05, 11:51 PM
Strings