Microsoft shortens Windows name

Old August 21st 04, 11:55 PM
Nick Roberts

Nope it was "Start me Up" for win95

Later it was changed to....
(Try to) Start Me Up

Then to "Just Press Start" ...

.... and then "Just Press Reset"

;-)

--
Nick Roberts
Old August 22nd 04, 11:13 PM
Yousuf Khan

Lee Waun wrote:
"Alexander Grigoriev" wrote in message
ink.net...
LOL!

IIRC, "I can't get no satisfaction" was used for Win95?

Nope it was "Start me Up" for win95

He was trying to be clever.

Yousuf Khan

Old August 23rd 04, 09:46 PM
David Magda

"Lee Waun" writes:

"Alexander Grigoriev" wrote in message
ink.net...
LOL!

IIRC, "I can't get no satisfaction" was used for Win95?

Nope it was "Start me Up" for win95

Though they edited the song to removed the line "You make a grown
man cry".

--
David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca, http://www.magda.ca/
Old August 24th 04, 06:26 AM
Lee Waun

Nope it was "Start me Up" for win95

Though they edited the song to removed the line "You make a grown
man cry".

Good point.

Old August 24th 04, 02:08 PM
Nelson M. G. Santiago

In , on 08/23/04
at 04:46 PM, David Magda said:

Though they edited the song to removed the line "You make a grown man
cry".

It would do them no good to plainly state the obvious! 8-))))

Nelson

Nelson M. G. Santiago

Today is Tue Aug 24, 2004.

As of 11:08am this OS/2 Warp 4 system has been up for 0 days, 0 hours, and
24 minutes. It's running 31 processes with 132 threads.

Old August 24th 04, 03:24 PM
MyndPhlyp

"Nelson M. G. Santiago" wrote in message
. ..
In , on 08/23/04
at 04:46 PM, David Magda said:

Though they edited the song to removed the line "You make a grown man
cry".

It would do them no good to plainly state the obvious! 8-))))

If that were true, McDonalds and Burger King would not have been sued by
people spilling commonly known hot beverages in their laps. We might have a
foundation here for a class action lawsuit. Hmmm.

(I wonder ... if my kid burns his hand on the stove, who would I sue: the
stove manufacturer, the electric company, the installer, the supplier, the
interior designer, the landlord? After all, our (US) court system has pretty
much accepted we are not responsible for our own actions these days.)

Old August 24th 04, 04:17 PM
Rob Stow

at 04:46 PM, David Magda said:

Though they edited the song to removed the line "You make a grown man
cry".

It would do them no good to plainly state the obvious! 8-))))

If that were true, McDonalds and Burger King would not have been sued by
people spilling commonly known hot beverages in their laps. We might have a
foundation here for a class action lawsuit. Hmmm.

(I wonder ... if my kid burns his hand on the stove, who would I sue: the
stove manufacturer, the electric company, the installer, the supplier, the
interior designer, the landlord? After all, our (US) court system has pretty
much accepted we are not responsible for our own actions these days.)

None of the above. Your wife was the one who
left the stove unattended while the burner was
hot. :-D

--
Reply to
Do not remove anything.
Old August 24th 04, 06:32 PM
MyndPhlyp

"Rob Stow" wrote in message
MyndPhlyp wrote:

(I wonder ... if my kid burns his hand on the stove, who would I sue:

the
stove manufacturer, the electric company, the installer, the supplier,

the
interior designer, the landlord? After all, our (US) court system has

pretty
much accepted we are not responsible for our own actions these days.)

None of the above. Your wife was the one who
left the stove unattended while the burner was
hot. :-D

Ah - no good. She would have grounds for a countersuit since I (presumably)
had something to do with the conception and there would undoubtedly be a
jury out there willing to listen to a liar ... er, lawyer argue the kid
wouldn't have burnt his hand if he hadn't been conceived in the first place.

Old August 25th 04, 06:30 AM
Lee Waun

None of the above. Your wife was the one who
left the stove unattended while the burner was
hot. :-D

Ah - no good. She would have grounds for a countersuit since I
(presumably)
had something to do with the conception and there would undoubtedly be a
jury out there willing to listen to a liar ... er, lawyer argue the kid
wouldn't have burnt his hand if he hadn't been conceived in the first
place.

Well then your parents should be sued for concieving you as they made you
etc.

Why not just everyone sue everyone. Wait in America they do do that.

Old September 1st 04, 10:08 AM
Grumble

MyndPhlyp wrote:

If that were true, McDonalds and Burger King would not have been sued by
people spilling commonly known hot beverages in their laps. We might have a
foundation here for a class action lawsuit. Hmmm.

(I wonder ... if my kid burns his hand on the stove, who would I sue: the
stove manufacturer, the electric company, the installer, the supplier, the
interior designer, the landlord? After all, our (US) court system has pretty
much accepted we are not responsible for our own actions these days.)

The infamous "McDonald's coffee case" is definitely *NOT* an example of
frivolous lawsuits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

--
Regards, Grumble