Is this true about ASUS?

Old July 18th 04, 12:17 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Default Is this true about ASUS?

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.
Old July 18th 04, 02:38 AM
Locutus

"Post Replies Here Please" wrote in message ...

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

nothing wrong with that
Linux sucks so why support it

Old July 18th 04, 02:56 AM
Post Replies Here Please

"Locutus" == Locutus writes:

Locutus "Post Replies Here Please" wrote in
Locutus message ...

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

Locutus nothing wrong with that Linux sucks so why support it

Just an opinion ;-)
Old July 18th 04, 03:37 AM
Locutus

"Locutus" == Locutus writes:

Locutus "Post Replies Here Please" wrote in
Locutus message ...

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

Locutus nothing wrong with that Linux sucks so why support it

Just an opinion ;-)

yeh I meant no offense to you sorry

just my opinion

Old July 18th 04, 06:45 AM
Pseudo Namen

I have owned 2 ASUS motherboards
1. ASUS P4B
2. ASUS A7N8X

Both ran Redhat and Mandrake very well.

Old July 18th 04, 07:21 AM
XS11E

Post Replies Here Please wrote in
:

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

It's very hard for me to understand the article. They talk about using
a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard which is what I have. Mandrake 10, 64bit
RC1 found and installed ALL my hardware including the on-board sound,
on-board NIC, etc.

FWIW, MB = ASUS K8V SE Deluxe with latest BIOS and AMD64 3400 chip.
Video card is ATI Radeon 7000. 1Gig (2 500MB sticks) of Fry's cheapest
3600 DDR RAM. Canon S900 Photo Printer, HP LaserJet 6L, Microtek V6upl
scanner connected via USB2 port. HP DVD Writer 200i, LG DVD ROM.

The on-board sound is SoundMax Integrated Digatal Audio and the LAN is
Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T adaptor, Copper RJ-
45.

No problems with any of this. Conclusion, WTF is he talking about?

I have also installed Fedora 64bit which did have a problem with my
sound card, SuSE 64bit which had NO problems and Linspire (formerly
Lindows) which installed all the hardware with no problems.

Again, WTF is he talking about?

BTW, ASUS has NO need or requirement to supply drivers for ANY OS and
never has.

Windows XP is running on the same system using drivers supplied by the
manufacturers of the sound card and LAN, NOT drivers by ASUS. The
drivers that run the sound card and LAN in Linux are supplied by
various folks in the open source community or possibly by the same
manufacturers who supplied the drivers for Windows XP so.....

The total article is pure, unadulterated horsepucky from someone who
has no idea of what he/she/it is talking about.

Old July 18th 04, 09:44 PM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:38:51 -0400, Locutus wrote:

"Post Replies Here Please" wrote in message

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

nothing wrong with that
Linux sucks so why support it

Really. Could you tell me why it sucks? And what OS should I be using, and
why?

Old July 18th 04, 09:55 PM
Post Replies Here Please

"Wes" == Wes Newell writes:

Wes On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:38:51 -0400, Locutus wrote:
"Post Replies Here Please" wrote in message

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

nothing wrong with that Linux sucks so why support it

Wes Really. Could you tell me why it sucks? And what OS should I be
Wes using, and why?

Don't take the bait ;-)). Anyway all operating systems suck ;-)).

I use ______. Whatever it takes to get the job done.

Whatever.

Old July 18th 04, 10:37 PM
Ben Pope

Wes Newell wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:38:51 -0400, Locutus wrote:

nothing wrong with that
Linux sucks so why support it

Really. Could you tell me why it sucks? And what OS should I be using, and
why?

It sucks because it takes a certain level of brain power to get it up and
running.

It sucks because for Average Joe, it's too complicated.

It's great because it free, powerful, stable, provides you with choice and
the community can, and do contribute in so many ways.

Ben

Old July 19th 04, 07:48 AM
Marshall Law

Wes Newell wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:38:51 -0400, Locutus wrote:

"Post Replies Here Please" wrote in message

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/..._Story-01.html

I'm a big fan of ASUS and was not aware of this.

Whatever.

nothing wrong with that
Linux sucks so why support it

Really. Could you tell me why it sucks? And what OS should I be using, and
why?

Of course he won't be able to reply to you with any meaningful answers, that
would require the interuption of his blissful state of ignorance.