True Speed for Athlon CPU's?

Old April 3rd 04, 10:13 PM
bitsbucket

Default True Speed for Athlon CPU's?

COprocessors went the way of the Dodo bird.........do you mean "processors"?
If so, and if you are seeing the low numbers, and the bios supports the AMD
processors, then you have the FSB set wrong.(too low) My 2500+ shows 2500+
at boot. As a matter of fact, I have it overclocked to 3200+ and it SHOWS
that it is a 3200+ processor at boot.
To make a long story short, you should see what the processor speed is RATED
at, at bootup.regardless of the "rating system" (unless your bios does not
directly support the processor)
Bitsbucket
"Fuzzbot" wrote in message
I currently have two systems running AMD coprocessor's. One is an XP 2300

&
the other is a 2200. During bootup the CPU's show 1700 & 1500 speed
(respectively). I know that the "2300" designation for teh XP's isn't

based
on actual clock speed, but the difference betwen 2300 & 1700 is fairly
significant. I'm wondering if I got ripped off since I bought the 2200 CPU
at the same place I bought the 2300 as a barebones system.

How to speed up my CPU? MC General 11 December 12th 04 09:11 PM
Intel, AMD... Mirko General 11 November 22nd 04 08:17 AM
AthlonXP 2000 on MSI KT4AV with (VIA KT400A) chipset Mainboard has Speed ÎÔ»¢²ØÁúCrouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Overclocking AMD Processors 18 May 6th 04 12:14 AM
AthlonXP 2000 on MSI KT4AV with (VIA KT400A) chipset Mainboard has Speed Complexity LongBow Overclocking AMD Processors 7 May 2nd 04 12:23 AM
Valid Points 101: 2x P4 Xeons + Hyperthreading + Windows XP Professional / W2K / NT4 / *Nix (long post!) Duncan, Eric A. General 7 February 3rd 04 06:06 PM