Mobile 64 anyone?

Old March 29th 04, 11:24 PM
WillyBigg

Default Mobile 64 anyone?

Anyone seen any of these for sale (oem or retail)? Anyone thinking of
building 1? Tia

Old March 30th 04, 12:36 AM
Nobody

Attention K-Mart Shoppers There Is a Sale in The I Need A Life Department
Buy One Get One Free

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

Old March 30th 04, 03:48 AM
Ed Light

"WillyBigg" wrote in message
Anyone seen any of these for sale (oem or retail)? Anyone thinking of
building 1? Tia

I don't see any at newegg, where the mobile xp (32) is creating quite a stir
with overclockers.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old March 30th 04, 04:37 AM
David Maynard

Ed Light wrote:
"WillyBigg" wrote in message

Anyone seen any of these for sale (oem or retail)? Anyone thinking of
building 1? Tia

I don't see any at newegg, where the mobile xp (32) is creating quite a stir
with overclockers.

Yeah. Because it's unlocked and overclocks as well as any of them. Mine's
doing 2400@400.

I surprised there hasn't been more talk of using them to invigorate the
older, lower FSB, motherboards too though.

Old March 30th 04, 05:21 AM
Ed Light

"David Maynard" wrote
I don't see any at newegg, where the mobile xp (32) is creating quite a

stir
with overclockers.

Yeah. Because it's unlocked and overclocks as well as any of them. Mine's
doing 2400@400.

I surprised there hasn't been more talk of using them to invigorate the
older, lower FSB, motherboards too though.

Also, quiet computer devotees use them to run at low voltage, thus cooler,
requiring less noisy airflow.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old March 30th 04, 06:40 AM
Daniel P

I CAN"T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I was tring to stay out of this, but you force me
to give you this link
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-442&depa=1

Old March 30th 04, 08:49 AM
David Maynard

Ed Light wrote:

"David Maynard" wrote

I don't see any at newegg, where the mobile xp (32) is creating quite a

stir

with overclockers.

Yeah. Because it's unlocked and overclocks as well as any of them. Mine's
doing 2400@400.

I surprised there hasn't been more talk of using them to invigorate the
older, lower FSB, motherboards too though.

Also, quiet computer devotees use them to run at low voltage, thus cooler,
requiring less noisy airflow.

Good point. I've been thinking it would make for a nice, quiet, low power,
HTPC.

Old March 30th 04, 02:32 PM
WillyBigg

Thanks Daniel for taking the time, I guess I used bad search terms. They
sure are proud
of the 3400s, I'm more in the price range of 2800-3000, but did not see any.
I'll
keep looking.

Old March 31st 04, 01:36 AM
Ed Light

"Daniel P" wrote in message
I CAN"T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I was tring to stay out of this, but you force

me
to give you this link

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-442&depa=1

Ah, it has the same voltage as the regular ones.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old March 31st 04, 01:38 AM
Ed Light

"David Maynard" wrote Good point. I've been thinking it
would make for a nice, quiet, low power,
HTPC.

This should prove interesting:
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/vie...php?t=10487%20

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Mobile athlon onto normal board Gareth Tuckwell General 5 October 18th 04 06:31 PM
Mobile processor on Desktop Motherboard Daniel Overclocking AMD Processors 0 August 11th 04 06:22 PM
Intel Mobile Processors NoSpam General 1 December 25th 03 10:07 AM
Mobile XP's SPS 700 Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 8th 03 03:20 AM
Advantages/Disadvantages of Mobile Processors compared to Normal Processors Luke General 4 August 17th 03 07:15 AM