Water Cooling

Old March 30th 04, 11:27 PM
Daniel P

I'll go for 2.2 Ghz

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Harry C" wrote in message
I didn't know you were waiting for a reply. Your board has a VIA K8T800
chipset. There are no PCI/AGP locks on it. My research shows that you

won't
get much higher than 2.3ghz out of it, no matter what the the cooling is.
Good luck.
Harryc
--

"Daniel P" wrote in message
Here's my System
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8T-NEOFS2R
Kingston 512 PC3200
Nvidia eVGA 5900SE 128
Maxtor 80Gb ATA 7200Rpm
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Antec 300W PSU

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side,

and
it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Harry C" wrote in message

"Daniel P" wrote in message
yep my MSI has it. Anyway well i was thinking about water cooling

because
wanted to get into overclocking. like bring my 3000+ up to 3Ghz
without
breaking 50C. Before u say it. The compressor is a little too

expensive
and
I can't find where to buy it.

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side,

and
it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:36:38 +0000, Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

In article , K wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:48:46 -0700, Daniel P wrote:

Is anybody running a watercooling system. With the AMD 64. How
much
does it
make your cpu cooler.

I don't but I sometimes wonder if it's worth it on an AMD64

system.
The
chips aren't hot to begin with, and with Cool'nQuiet enabled the
fan
speed
is minimal and can even shut off if the CPU is completely idle.
From what I've seen water cooling doesn't seem to help

overclocking
headroom much either..

Is cool&Quiet something all motherboards can do ? Haven't seen
my cheap FIC board do it.

From the reviews that I've read the answer is no, only a couple of
manufacturers have implemented it. You should check for a BIOS

update
see if FIC has added it.

What board do you have Daniel?. 3.0 Ghz is unlikely even with a
compressor
because there are no PCI/AGP locks on most boards out there. NF3-250

boards
coming out now will have locks. I run a mild overclock on an ASUS K8V
*2.2Ghz with a 3000+. This is on water using a Corsair Hydrocool. My

CPU
idle temp is 29*c and load is 34*c. Once I get a board with locks we'll
answer your question, but for now.... If you have any questions about

the
Hydrocool, let me know.
Harryc

Water Cooling. Morgan Sales General 2 October 23rd 04 10:22 PM
Water cooling - noise level? Gareth Tuckwell General 2 October 12th 04 02:17 AM
Water cooling? Which one? SysCold General 5 August 11th 04 02:26 AM
Whats the best water cooling system out their ? S.S.Hot Rocks General 4 June 20th 04 03:37 AM
water cooling on athlon XP macdaddy Overclocking AMD Processors 1 September 10th 03 05:43 AM