Damaged CPU?

Old March 23rd 04, 09:11 PM
mkirby23

Default Damaged CPU?

I just received my new AMD64 3400+ from Newegg. As I was checking out the
cpu inside the plastic packaging, I noticed a small round dent in the cpu a
little smaller than the tip of a ballpoint pen. It is located just above
AMD 2001 logo. There are no markings on the packaging to indicate that
something poked through it. Is this a common manufacturing mark or do you
think my cpu could be damaged? I'm scared to open the box until I get a
opinion.

Thanks!

Old March 23rd 04, 10:31 PM
Harry C

This is how mine looked. I do not recall a dent.

http://images10.newegg.com/productim...103-427-02.JPG

Harryc
--

om...

USB PORT DAMAGED gummybear68 General 6 September 19th 04 02:44 AM
Damaged HD. Read data. Sergio General 5 September 4th 04 08:40 AM
We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you! Overclocking AMD Processors 0 July 1st 04 08:54 PM
Slow boot at "Verifying DMI pool data..." - Is HDD damaged? river_kwai General 8 May 10th 04 02:34 PM
damaged Dell drive and Ghost help requested news General 0 August 21st 03 11:52 AM