winchester 3000+ running badly

Old March 5th 05, 12:08 AM
Ed Light

"Ed Light" wrote

I just did my 2nd cpu overclocking,

PS Visit alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old March 5th 05, 12:11 AM
Ed Light

"Highlandish" wrote
excellent, I should now be confident to go ahead. I must say previous
overclocks on different machines had been easier.

I can't remember what motherboard you have -- it has to have a lockable pci
and agp so they don't go up with the clock. nforce 3 ultra (939) is what I
have.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old March 5th 05, 09:40 AM
Highlandish

Qoth The Raven "Ed in
1X5Wd.44019$xt.39484@fed1read07
"Highlandish" wrote
excellent, I should now be confident to go ahead. I must say previous
overclocks on different machines had been easier.

I can't remember what motherboard you have -- it has to have a
lockable pci and agp so they don't go up with the clock. nforce 3
ultra (939) is what I have.

mine is the A8V deluxe from asus. I'm tempted to use an old 6g drive with a
new install on it to see if it corrupts the data, if not I'll put this
original back in.

--
Every time I lose weight, It finds me again !

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Old March 6th 05, 01:39 AM
Ed Light

"Highlandish" wrote
mine is the A8V deluxe from asus. I'm tempted to use an old 6g drive with
a new install on it to see if it corrupts the data, if not I'll put this
original back in.

I'd guess that has a pci/agp lock. Just guessing.

Yes, you could do a clean install on the 6g drive and if it turns out real
nice you could use bootitng in demo mode from a floppy to copy it to the big
one. You could put the 6g in a slide-out tray and use it to back up stuff.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\