Mis-representation ?

Old December 15th 03, 05:46 PM
Tony Houghton

In ,
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...

Maybe it's a memory fault, but in a highish address that doesn't get
used in VGA safe mode.

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html for more reliable contact addresses.
Old December 15th 03, 05:49 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Tony Houghton" wrote in message
In ,
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...

Maybe it's a memory fault, but in a highish address that doesn't get
used in VGA safe mode.

I actually think our resident expert BORG really mean`t the cards BIOS but
accidently typed CPU which was supposed to be GPU but he really mean`t BIOS.
Only an expert could confuse a CPU with the BIOS.

Old December 15th 03, 05:57 PM
Tim Auton

Conor wrote:
In article ,
says...

Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
just "couldn`t load the drivers"

What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

****. I was going to sell him the Eiffel Tower.

Tim
--
The .sig is dead.
Old December 15th 03, 06:03 PM
Gizmo

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
Hi;

snip

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the right
times

Old December 15th 03, 06:04 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
Hi;

snip

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the

right
times

I just asked for an opinion if your incapable of giving one without being a
**** then please desist.

Old December 15th 03, 06:05 PM
ß Ø ® G

You really are a thick ****ing brain dead inbreed ****** ain't you,
it's no act is it ? You really do live in a world of your own. You are
probably the biggest cretin I have ever know.

can you read, you know the words that are in front of you, not the
words you see in your mind or the strange meanings you give them, ITS
FAULTY it DOESN'T WORK you bought a paper weight

And you know what

HA ****IN HA

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Old December 15th 03, 06:06 PM
Pip

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:28:51 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
wrote:

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
.. .
it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else

ITS ****ED

What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU is
****ed apart from being a troll.

Apparently, no more than you need. Apart from your brief but hugely
inglorious history of advertising ****e, taking money from honest
people for it and then failing to send the goods.
I suggest that you **** right off, you small-minded, attention-seeking
fool. Or do we now have to wait for and then endure twenty
self-answered posts describing your trials and tribulations with this
card, when you get it?

Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
gimp-boy.

--
Pip, Hairy Gfedcker.
Old December 15th 03, 06:07 PM
Dr Zoidberg

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Hi;

I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=2769544 241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
auction description as it would appear to be.

The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.

This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=27 387
clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid
on it.

I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen
corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I
have a right to feel cheated.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

You are an idiot.

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted