Logitech Keyboard

Old November 30th 03, 02:51 PM
Philip Rayne

Default Logitech Keyboard

I have uninstalled iTouch software, yet my keyboard still makes use of the
hot keys.

How do I disable these permanently?

The only reason I ask is because my 2 year old daughter loves to press the
search key to see the doggy.

She also pressed the power down button which is very annoying when I am
downloading something.

Thanks.

Old November 30th 03, 11:07 PM
Boba & Ilinka

If you go to some program or web site and then you press and hold control
and then press hot key then this key will perform this action.

Boba Vancouver BC

Old December 1st 03, 11:42 PM
*Vanguard*

Philip Rayne wrote:
I have uninstalled iTouch software, yet my keyboard still makes use
of the hot keys.

How do I disable these permanently?

The only reason I ask is because my 2 year old daughter loves to
press the search key to see the doggy.

She also pressed the power down button which is very annoying when I
am downloading something.

Thanks.

Does Task Manager still show itouch.exe is still loaded in memory? If
so, have you tried killing it or rebooting?

You did not mention WHICH Logitech keyboard you have. I have their
Navigator (I liked the version before which did NOT have the F-Lock key
which ****es me off that they cannot remember its state when I login; I
don't want to use any of the programmable F keys). Mine has the "User"
button. Under Windows 2000 Pro, it tries to put the system into Standby
mode; in Windows XP, I think it is supposed to switch between currently
logged on (but suspended) users. In Standby mode, the network interface
gets disable and that's why your download gets interrupted. I suppose
you could go into Power Options and see if setting it for "Always On"
(so nothing powers down) might keep it from going into Standby mode when
hitting the User button on the keyboard. Won't stop the kid from
hitting the Power or Reset button on the system case, though.

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

Old December 2nd 03, 06:39 PM
Philip Rayne

I have the Navigator Logitech keyboard I think.

I do not seem to be able to reprogram the Sleep key. It is not available in
the Kot Keys list in the configuration program.

The sleep key still tried to put my PC in standby even with iTouch not
loaded in memory. Problem is it hangs my machine.

I guess I will have to live with the keyboard, or buy a new one.

Old December 3rd 03, 08:26 PM
*Vanguard*

"Philip Rayne" wrote
in :
I have the Navigator Logitech keyboard I think.

I do not seem to be able to reprogram the Sleep key. It is not
available in the Kot Keys list in the configuration program.

The sleep key still tried to put my PC in standby even with iTouch not
loaded in memory. Problem is it hangs my machine.

I guess I will have to live with the keyboard, or buy a new one.

The sleep/user key is not a programmable key. It's like the Windows and
Context keys that were added for Windows; special codes are sent that
the OS interprets. I wanted to disable that key at one time because one
of my drivers wasn't compliant and would BSOD the machine when the key
got pressed. Great, a mad scientist's self-destruct button! At some
point, the drivers got updated and now hitting the sleep/user button
puts it into standby (although occasionally there will be a message that
a device would not go into sleep mode, like the HP 970cse printer
attached to the parallel port). Often I'm tempted to just get a plain
101-key keyboard and scrap the multimedia and programmable button
features on the Logitech Navigator. They're so damn flimsy these days.
Not like the Northgate keyboard you could bang on hard, replace key
caps, replace key switches, clean without worry regarding the solvent,
and wouldn't move around when you were fast and furiously pressing hard
on the keys to move around in a game.

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

Old December 4th 03, 11:07 AM
CBFalconer

*Vanguard* wrote:

.... snip ...
attached to the parallel port). Often I'm tempted to just get a
plain 101-key keyboard and scrap the multimedia and programmable
button features on the Logitech Navigator. They're so damn flimsy
these days. Not like the Northgate keyboard you could bang on
hard, replace key caps, replace key switches, clean without worry
regarding the solvent, and wouldn't move around when you were fast
and furiously pressing hard on the keys to move around in a game.

Get down to your nearest Salvation Army store, or the ilk, and
pick up a bunch of old keyboards with no Windows cruft for about
two dollars each. Then enjoy a full width space bar.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!

Keyboard Fault on HP Vectra VL410? Ben Blackmore General 0 October 27th 03 11:38 AM
trouble with logitech mx 700 mouse and equip kvm switch Andreas Bittner General 2 October 13th 03 11:34 PM
BIOS without keyboard CJJ General 3 September 24th 03 11:57 PM
Gigabyte Mobo with Keyboard PS2 port failure Hans Huber General 2 August 12th 03 10:47 PM
Wireless Keyboards and Mice? Thomas M General 6 August 6th 03 09:41 PM