SP2 and Optical Drives

Old January 1st 05, 08:42 PM
Max

Default SP2 and Optical Drives

I have a combi Drive and a DVD Writer in my PC once Sp2 has been installed
I lose one of the drives, if I swap the IDE cables around I still only get
the one drive. Ive swapped the cables and both are fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Max

Old January 2nd 05, 10:17 PM
johns

I've seen that before .. weird. It self corrected after
I told the system to redetect its hardware. It found
all sorts of things, and after about 4 reboots all was
well. XP seems to go through a testing phase before
it gets stable. I have no idea what it is doing, but I've
learned to reboot a new install until it quits doing that.

johns

Old January 6th 05, 10:41 PM
Daniel

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:42:10 GMT, "Max"
wrote:

I have a combi Drive and a DVD Writer in my PC once Sp2 has been installed
I lose one of the drives, if I swap the IDE cables around I still only get
the one drive. Ive swapped the cables and both are fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Max

Install SATA drivers, hit F6 when xp first boots from cd-rom. Follow
prompts

Dan
Old January 6th 05, 11:02 PM
Thomas Wendell

Some drives insist on being master if another (optical) is on the same
channel, especially with SP2...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group